Dish HD Question

Network_Guy

Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Central NJ
I am thinking of upgrading to HD and wanted to know if I need a different satellite antenna. I have asked Dish Network this question and have received multiple very different answers. Before I start making changes, I wanted to get the correct information.

Here is my current setup:

Current Equipment: Dish 500 with Dish Pro Quad Switch
Current Satellites: 110 and 119
DVR: DVR 522 and DVR 625

So, do I need to add a 2nd satellite antenna for HD or is it possible to replace the existing antenna and get HD?

Thanks,
John

If you elect to upgrade through their Dish It Up program, they will provide the proper antenna (most likely the 1000.4 in your location). It has a built-in Dish Pro Plus switch that can power 3 single or two tuner models.

That would point you to the Eastern Arc and would require you to have MPEG4 receivers only.

If you need to keep the older MPEG2 SD boxes, they may allow the installation of a 1000.2 antenna which points toward the west.

I suggest calling a local dealer as they are now allowed to participate in the DIU program even if they were not the original installer.

They will take your info and run it through Dish's retailer website and it will tell them which promotions you are eligible for and which configuration choices you have.

I am thinking of upgrading to HD and wanted to know if I need a different satellite antenna. I have asked Dish Network this question and have received multiple very different answers. Before I start making changes, I wanted to get the correct information.

Here is my current setup:

Current Equipment: Dish 500 with Dish Pro Quad Switch
Current Satellites: 110 and 119
DVR: DVR 522 and DVR 625

So, do I need to add a 2nd satellite antenna for HD or is it possible to replace the existing antenna and get HD?

Thanks,
John

It could be either. They will likely either replace the current setup with a Dish 1000.4 for an eastern arc setup of 72.7, 77, and 61.5 or add another Dish 500 for adding 61.5 to your currrent setup. If you keep your SD receivers, they will add the second Dish 500 as eastern arc only works with VIP mpeg4 receivers.

129 is no good in NJ so there is no way you would get a 1000.2 dish. If you want HD locals you may be getting either Phily or NY. Both are on 61.5. You only need to add the 61.5 wing dish to your current setup. If your lnb does not have an input you may need a DP34 switch if you are replacing one of your receivers. IF Dish replaces both, you may get the 1000.4 dish to replace your current dish 500.

Looking for 100 HD channels at years end?

How to hook up 5 tvs to dish network?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)