Dish Home Protection Plans Changes 3/23

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
DISH is excited to announce the rebranding of the DISH Home Protection Plan to the new DISH Protect! New and Existing Subscribers will be able to choose between two different tiers of service, DISH Protect Silver or DISH Protect Gold. Along with this change, we will be partnering with three companies to provide Subscribers with new and enhanced services:

• Identity Restoration PRO – Powered by EZShield® Peace of mind against identity theft, Fully-managed identity restoration, 24/7/365 identity restoration live support, Plus, more in DISH Protect Gold
• Internet Security Plus – Powered by Webroot® Next-generation cybersecurity protection, Blocks the latest malware, phishing, and cyber-attacks in real time
• Premium Entertainment Tech Support – Powered by Asurion® One-click access to tech support to help with almost any entertainment needs

upload_2017-3-20_7-2-0.png

upload_2017-3-20_7-3-54.png

upload_2017-3-20_7-5-9.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
I may be reading too much into it, sure seems like DISH is laying groundwork for something when you add this to the other recent things taking place.

I wonder how that Premium Entertainment Tech Support one click access to tech support will work!

I can't say for certain, but the way I'm reading into it. Possibly tech support for other entertainment hardware besides dish equipment, like smart TV's etc.

I don't have the protection plan. When I look at it as an option in mydish the cost is $8.99.
$8.99 has been shown for quite sometime now, and when my Daughter had her install last year it would have been $8.99 if she kept it after the 6 months free.

Almost makes the Protection Plan pointless in this scenario, no? Pay $8 every month, $96 a year, or pay one time shipping fee, likely less than $15, to send back damaged receiver...
Don forget that the Protection plan includes service calls which one is $90 I believe.