Dish Hopper 4???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I see a lot of folks asking for apps for the Hopper4. No H4 requirement for apps... however I think the best solution would be to sell a USB box that attaches to the H3 and works like a ROKU. They could even team up with apple or Amazon to have a Dish specific AppleTV box. No input changes, uses the H3 internet connection, and only those that want it, pay for it. Not subsidized by those that couldn't care less(I am in that boat).

What Dish and Directv need to do is put hoppers and genies in all new installations.

If the customer does not want DVR, simply disable the recording functions.

Really good ideas.
That would seem to make sense and reduce the cost of receivers to each company - they would be supporting only one - maybe two keeping the Joey especially wireless.
To follow up on your other idea they could leave a slot and if you wanted to provide a USB stick to at least let you pause, maybe record a couple of programs and charge no fee I would think that would be possible and financially possible.

Who are you and what did you do with Claude?

the the only improvements I could see in a hopper 4 are better processor and more memory to robustly support a better media server experience, more streaming apps such as Amazon music, Amazon video and other Amazon apps like even shopping.

Oh, I know I know! How about a 16-stream ATSC transmitter rather than that Moca crap with no fee for each of your TVs? Nah, never happen. :crying

So I can run my two HWS and one Joey for about 20 cents/day?

I'm not concerned about power consumption.

How about reduced energy consumption, especially when 'powered off'?
I hope Dish didn't devote too much effort to the power consumption these pieces of equipment use when in "SLEEP" mode !! Kinda looks like "why bother?". They "gain" from 0.1 watt to 0.5 watts, with the Super Joey having NO change in sleep mode. The 4K Joey is the best one, with a 1.2 watt reduction in sleep mode.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts