DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Has anyone been able to successfully format an external drive running U206? I have tried multiple hard drives on all 3 USB ports and the screen times out during the format. I received a replacement unit and formatted one of the external drives before upgrading it to U206 and the drive works in both the new and old unit so I know the old unit running U206 could use the drive, it just couldn't format it. Is this a bug in U206?

Has anyone had issues with the joeys not updating to the Carbon UI? The HWS and Super Joey updated fine. The other 3 joeys are cycling the recovery screen. Warning 9813. It'll get to the end of the download, start screen, blue screen and back to the recovery screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Has anyone had issues with the joeys not updating to the Carbon UI? The HWS and Super Joey updated fine. The other 3 joeys are cycling the recovery screen. Warning 9813. It'll get to the end of the download, start screen, blue screen and back to the recovery screen. Anyone else having this issue?
How many day since the Carbon UI update?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Did you try rebooting them?
Also it may take 24 hours.
My joeys didn't turn over right away.
Also, make sure the Hoppers has W150 U156 U259 U356 U457
Joey software versions.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yes, I've rebooted the joeys, the hopper. I've even unplugged everything except the hopper and one Joey trying to download and nada. This is the third set up I've updated to cui and the first issue I've had with it. The 24 hours thing is something that may be the issue.

Bring back some life into this thread. So, I ended up doing the update myself last night on my HwS. Everything works great, the UI is nicely laid out and things are easier to access. I really like the black theme. I have not experienced any OTA issues as some of you have but haven’t had sufficient time to play around with it either. My set up Is Hopper and one Joey. I have two Harmony remotes for each TV. The one Harmony I use for the Hopper works as it did before the update BUT the Harmony I use for the Joey does not work now. I do need to set up a few different buttons on it and will send a sync (to the remote) to see if that helps, but I haven’t read anything in this thread nor anywhere online that references this specific issue. Has anyone experienced this and if so what were your remedies for it? Thx in advance.

This is a bit of a guess, since I've never used my Harmony with a Joey, but perhaps you have to enable IR separately on the Joeys? I know there is an on/off control to enable IR for remotes on the Hopper itself.

Reactions: rdjr74
I have not experienced any OTA issues as some of you have but haven’t had sufficient time to play around with it either.
The issues related to OTA are adding new channels (or removing them) doesn't work intuitively. The channels you had scanned in previously still remain so just leave it alone - don't mess with it.

Reactions: rdjr74
I have a Harmony on one of my Joeys. It works fine. Yes, you do have to enable IR on that Joey.

You have to do this with the original 'joined' remote: Menu, Settings, Remote Control, Infra Red Reception ON....

Reactions: rdjr74 and DWS44
I have a Harmony on one of my Joeys. It works fine. Yes, you do have to enable IR on that Joey.

You have to do this with the original 'joined' remote: Menu, Settings, Remote Control, Infra Red Reception ON....
Awesome man! I'll do this when I get home. thx!

I'll have to check when I get home

I know this post was back in May, but did you ever get this figured out? I ran the upgrade a couple of days ago and running into the same problem as you.

The Hopper Carbon UI installed fine, however, when I turned the Joey's on after Carbon was installed on the Hopper, it would begin the process and then the bar stops at like 10% and just get stuck on "Downloading Information." I've reset it a couple of times and gets stuck in the same place.

Troch77 - I do not have those versions available, only W150 was there, but the rest were different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts