DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

Just found that the new Carbon UI was downloaded last night, 11PM to my other H2. Looks like it is in the wild now as I didn't request it with the play play option. Let Bluegrass know............
What version? I'm not home to check mine but curious if they pushed a newer version (to everyone and updated existing ones).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Just found that the new Carbon UI was downloaded last night, 11PM to my other H2. Looks like it is in the wild now as I didn't request it with the play play option. Let Bluegrass know............

I think if one H2 in your system has it then it gets sent to the other H2's.

I suppose that is possible but I haven't read here or other forums that this has happened.

I was told a while ago that was how it was going to work, don't know if that's what the final product does.

I also haven't seen read here or any other forums of a mass release or of anyone getting it from the satellite without forcing the download either.

I have the Carbon UI. Am I missing something or is the 4x option for FF and Rewind gone? HWS, beta downloaded this last week.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Okay been using the new UI for about 4 days now, and I can't say I have any issues so far .

I'm hooking up my 2nd Hopper with Sling now, and just got done boxing up the H2K. So I'll get to test how they play with each other.

But the Joey CR, seem unphased by the change works just as good as before. And I can honestly say the 1.0 joey is still slow, but no worse than before.

So far no netflix or Ondemand issues.
The guide is okay, But having a hard time finding a comfortable setup.
I still liked the old one better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Okay been using the new UI for about 4 days now, and I can't say I have any issues so far .

I'm hooking up my 2nd Hopper with Sling now, and just got done boxing up the H2K. So I'll get to test how they play with each other.
Are you going to force the new UI to download or do you plan on waiting to see if it gets the new UI like my second Hopper2 did without forcing it?

Reactions: Troch77
Are you going to force the new UI to download or do you plan on waiting to see if it gets the new UI like my second Hopper2 did without forcing it?
From what others have posted, one of the Hoppers will be able to see the other, but not vis-versa (if that makes any sense !!), because of the software mis-match.

I didn't have to force the download it did it by itself.
But so far I still don't think they are still fully interactive.

Also my moca still shows the hold hopper in the system along with the new one, Even though it is not connected.
Not sure what has to be done to fix that.

1.Okay the Hoppers Can't View PTA from each other.
So in other words, Just setting 1 PTA timer no longer supports whole home.
(But recordings can now be viewed from both HWS and Joeys)

2.Live TV button no longer takes you out of recording playback.
That's kind of an issue that needs to be addressed.

3.The Moca details is totally in accurate.
But everything is correct and reporting through detected devices.

I didn't have to force the download it did it by itself.
But so far I still don't think they are still fully interactive.

Also my moca still shows the hold hopper in the system along with the new one, Even though it is not connected.
Not sure what has to be done to fix that.
Probably have to give it a day or two to settle in properly.

Reactions: Troch77
Here is the Black box issue.
91976c89eaf3bc40afa9e00c10db77e8.jpg

This was after exiting TWC app, and no sound either.

Here is the Black box issue.
91976c89eaf3bc40afa9e00c10db77e8.jpg

This was after exiting TWC app, and no sound either.
I've seen this as well on the H3 but it took up more of the screen. I've also only noticed it after exiting an app so I think they are related.