DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum - PLEASE READ!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's hilarious reading through this subforum. All the speculation, same questions being posted over and over again, more speculation, conspiracy theories, hysteria, outrage, opinions presented as facts, etc. ... Suddenly everyone's got the inside scoop! All the questions AND all the answers! We are discussing satellite receivers, aren't we? Have some patience, folks! If you're that desperate for a new UI, one that's just the way you like it, right here and right now... Then change your desktop theme!

That being said... Carry on my fellow truth-seekers, and truth-speakers! The truth shall set you free!:backontopic

:popcorn

Ohh Internets... Don't EVER change! :lovecomputer

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's hilarious reading through this subforum. All the speculation, same questions being posted over and over again, more speculation, conspiracy theories, hysteria, outrage, opinions presented as facts, etc. ... Suddenly everyone's got the inside scoop! All the questions AND all the answers! We are discussing satellite receivers, aren't we? Have some patience, folks! If you're that desperate for a new UI, one that's just the way you like it, right here and right now... Then change your desktop theme!

That being said... Carry on my fellow truth-seekers, and truth-speakers! The truth shall set you free!:backontopic

:popcornwou

Ohh Internets... Don't EVER change! :lovecomputer
Hey - It's better than watching TV, right? (what else would we do! LOL)

Reactions: pattykay
Food maybe but sleep! I need sleep! I'm joining "FA" (Folders Anonymous)

Finally! Brb McDonald's

People say I'm a lil' crazy when I'm hungry, but I like crazy. I like it a LOT. A little too much, perhaps? No such thing as too much... I also like McDonald's on an occasional basis. There IS a such thing as too much McDonald's. Does that make sense to you? You'd have to be a lil' crazy if it did... I like crazy. I like it a LOT. A little too much, perhaps? No such thing as too much... I also like McDonald's on an occasional basis. There IS a such thing as too much McDonald's. Does that make sense to you?

Finally! Brb McDonald's

People say I'm a lil' crazy when I'm hungry, but I like crazy. I like it a LOT. A little too much, perhaps? No such thing as too much... I also like McDonald's on an occasional basis. There IS a such thing as too much McDonald's. Does that make sense to you? You'd have to be a lil' crazy if it did... I like crazy. I like it a LOT. A little too much, perhaps? No such thing as too much... I also like McDonald's on an occasional basis. There IS a such thing as too much McDonald's. Does that make sense to you?
Makes perfect sense and here I thought I was alone in my particular psychosis.

Last edited:
:backontopic How do we know when a problem (or "bug") is the UI and when it's the new Hopper? I've noticed a slight out-of-sync with my audio that wasn't there before. I didn't notice it with my HWS.

I think I need a sponsor though .....
I'll be your sponsor! Trust me when I say this... but you can trust me. :coco:coco:coco
:backontopic How do we know when a problem (or "bug") is the UI and when it's the new Hopper? I've noticed a slight out-of-sync with my audio that wasn't there before. I didn't notice it with my HWS.

Well, the first thing I would do is change channels. Still having the problem? If not, then it could have been an issue with the channel you were watching. If yes, I would try a reboot. Fixed? If yes then it's a bug. If no, next I would ask myself, did anything change with regards to audio connections/gear during the install? If yes, then I would try putting it back the way it was with the HwS. If no, I would investigate the audio settings on the H3 as well as all other devices that handle audio, if applicable. Try changing cables, ports, cable types (HDMI, TOSLINK, RCA,) etc. If in the end you can't get it fixed, definitely have Dish send out a tech to investigate.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, with the information given so far.

I'll be your sponsor! Trust me when I say this... but you can trust me. :coco:coco:coco

Well, the first thing I would do is change channels. Still having the problem? If not, then it could have been an issue with the channel you were watching. If yes, I would try a reboot. Fixed? If yes then it's a bug. If no, next I would ask myself, did anything change with regards to audio connections/gear during the install? If yes, then I would try putting it back the way it was with the HwS. If no, I would investigate the audio settings on the H3 as well as all other devices that handle audio, if applicable. Try changing cables, ports, cable types (HDMI, TOSLINK, RCA,) etc. If in the end you can't get it fixed, definitely have Dish send out a tech to investigate.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, with the information given so far.
Thanks for the offer BTW - I think you are definitely qualified :) )
In checking further, it seems to be mostly with my locals - and not necessarily all of them/all the time - if that makes sense? I've reused all the same cables, etc from the old HWS setup.

Thanks for the offer BTW - I think you are definitely qualified :) )
In checking further, it seems to be mostly with my locals - and not necessarily all of them/all the time - if that makes sense? I've reused all the same cables, etc from the old HWS setup.
Yeah, I've had that problem off and on, but not in a long time. There used to be an email address that could be used to directly report issues with locals, but later on I would report the issues to DIRT and they would relay the message. It usually got fixed promptly. Local channels are handled by extra equipment that doesn't affect the nationals. Dish pulls in the locals either through direct fiber, or in some cases with their own OTA antenna placed within range of the towers. Audio desync was the most common issue I encountered with locals, and once they were made aware of it they investigated/fixed it. In your case it could be either a coincidence that you're only noticing it now, or it could very well be a bug with the H3. I would definitely have Dish investigate if it's happening too often.

Yeah, I've had that problem off and on, but not in a long time. There used to be an email address that could be used to directly report issues with locals, but later on I would report the issues to DIRT and they would relay the message. It usually got fixed promptly. Local channels are handled by extra equipment that doesn't affect the nationals. Dish pulls in the locals either through direct fiber, or in some cases with their own OTA antenna placed within range of the towers. Audio desync was the most common issue I encountered with locals, and once they were made aware of it they investigated/fixed it. In your case it could be either a coincidence that you're only noticing it now, or it could very well be a bug with the H3. I would definitely have Dish investigate if it's happening too often.
Thanks - It does seem like I ran into this - "way back when". Will pass along to a DIRT if it keeps happening.

I think you can send reports like that to "quality@echostar.com". I think if you send stuff that's not relevant to them, they may simply delete the message(s) too. For example, emailing that address and reporting that folders get deleted from the Hopper 3 won't go anywhere.... ;)

Reactions: xfoneguy
I've had a Hopper or Hopper w/Sling since 2012 and they had (and still have) bugs. It will never be 100% perfect, whether Dish calls the software official or not.

FWIW, the Hopper 3 has "official" Carbon UI software and has many of the same issues. Note the software version numbers too:

Hopper 3 = U30x
Hopper 2 = U20x

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)