DISH Hopper Jumps into the Daytona 500, Appears on FOX Despite Network Censorship of the Brand

Ironically when they introduced the drivers they say "Driving the ____________ (Sponsor) number ______ (car #) then the drivers name)

For the 95 they said the owners name and not the sponsor

Ironically when they introduced the drivers they say "Driving the ____________ (Sponsor) number ______ (car #) then the drivers name)

For the 95 they said the owners name and not the sponsor

I bet Dish picks up on that and brings that up somehow

very possible since Dish did the sponsorship so late in the game maybe the PA announcer didnt get the message ;)
While the other drivers have a huge logo on their drivers suit, Speed's was just a small patch on the left side of his suit (right side if watching on TV)

heck even nascar.com and jayski show the sponsor as the owner in the lineup
31 95 Scott Speed Leavine Family Racing Ford 193.540 Finished 15th in Duel 1

Announcer did mention it was one of the least funded cars in the race. I joked with my wife from the other room because I want watching and said 'sounds like dish network'

She started laughing and I understood why when I came back in the room.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am glad it didn't crash... I was fearing the "there goes the DISH Hopper limping off the track."

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was pretty cool when he led, they actually stayed on his car for quite awhile.

As for fixing the cars for Daytona, I think the best fix would be a much bigger spoiler, that would allow the following cars to close up at a faster rate.

Just my 2 cents.

So, it turns out that the Super Bowl isn't the only event where people actively watch the commercials. ;)

Danged if I watched any commercials!Looks like Charlie's gamble,if ya wanna call it that,really paid off!Fox had no choice but to stay focused on Speed while he was in 1st.

I will have to question Dish's advertisement though.Ad free tv.Really?That's definitely a stretch,since its only available on the Hopper,and only on the big 4 networks on a recorded delay.That advertisement is only going to ruffle more feathers in the end.

That's advertising for ya. :rolleyes: Doesn't matter even if it would be only one show a week, it would still be ad-free under the right conditions.

That's advertising for ya. :rolleyes: Doesn't matter even if it would be only one show a week, it would still be ad-free under the right conditions.

I suppose we should have had a high definition zoom in,to read the fine print on Speed's car.:D

I will have to question Dish's advertisement though.Ad free tv.Really?That's definitely a stretch,since its only available on the Hopper,and only on the big 4 networks on a recorded delay.
Yes, it's a new-fangled thing called a DVR. We never watch commercials on any programming off of the DVR, regardless of what channel it's off of or what DVR model (we do have a H/J now though).

Yes, it's a new-fangled thing called a DVR. We never watch commercials on any programming off of the DVR, regardless of what channel it's off of or what DVR model (we do have a H/J now though).

semantics! I'm sure the ad wasn't intended the way you describe.It was obviously plugging the Hopper,and autohop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts