Dish Hopper Pricing Rumors Thread

We have a Dish rep coming into our store tomorrow to discuss the new promotion and talk about the Hopper. She told us she is not able to talk about costs yet. I'm getting very antsy to have comfirmation on prices and how much retailers will get paid.

Awesome. I am looking at the Hopper+Joey and adding a Joey. Not bad on pricing hopefully won't be too hard to get in on this when it hits.

It looks to me that the Hopper and Joey have a $7/month fee with the first unit having no fee, not a hopper and a joey for $7 but the wording is a bit odd, so either of us could be right. And frankly, if they charged $7/month for each unit beyond the 1st, it would be in line with what they do now and is competitive with D*.

Agree, based on the agreement I would not assume the 1st Joey was included "free." But we all know the trouble assuming anything gets you into.

No mention at all for what a second Hopper would be up front. Can't believe it would be just the $7/month. They would have to do something to discourage folks getting a second Hopper just for the hell of it.

They may just do what D* has done, and limit them to one Hopper at the outset. Then change that policy to allow for more at a later date. That would make sense since I suspect the demand for the Hopper to be huge at first.

I'll take one hopper and 2 joeys please to replace my 622 and 722 which only serve three TVs. I thought there was a price freeze. My hbo showtime package just went up in price.

We have a Dish rep coming into our store tomorrow to discuss the new promotion and talk about the Hopper. She told us she is not able to talk about costs yet. I'm getting very antsy to have comfirmation on prices and how much retailers will get paid.

During her visit, can you ask if the two hopper setup is ready? TIA

If the two Hopper option isn't available upon release I will be waiting until if/when it is. 3 tuners in our house isn't enough when it comes to recording our shows while trying to watch something else. Plus I'm also waiting on the OTA module for the Hopper. Any word on what the price will be on it yet?

During her visit, can you ask if the two hopper setup is ready? TIA

I'll ask as many questions as I can think of. I fear that she isn't going to be able to tell me anything more than what I already know. Maybe I can schmooze her over and get some details out of her. I'm guessing that she probably doesn't even know because Dish hasn't even filled her in yet.

Could you ask her if they for sure will let customers with RV VIPs keep them with a Hopper in the house? If she doesn't know she can at least take the issue back to the mothership.

The RCA - http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Residential-Agreement.pdf muddies the waters even more.

For Hopper/Joey the fees are listed as "Receiver Fees" and not "Additional Receiver Fee." In theory they could charge for the first Hopper. Don't want to believe that would really be the case, but I don't see anything in the DHA that would actually rule it out. Hope it's just the attorneys being intentionally obtuse.

If the two Hopper option isn't available upon release I will be waiting until if/when it is. 3 tuners in our house isn't enough when it comes to recording our shows while trying to watch something else. Plus I'm also waiting on the OTA module for the Hopper. Any word on what the price will be on it yet?

If I were ready to make the switch and the 2 hopper solution was ready, that's what I would want too. A single Hopper and however many Joeys wouldn't do the job for me.

In my area, there is no OTA sub-channels that I care about, so the OTA isn't an issue.

Are the Joeys $7.00 leased? Can you buy them so you only pay the $7 when you turn them on, like in guest rooms. I had to own my RV box so it could be turned off without having to send it back.

Could you ask her if they for sure will let customers with RV VIPs keep them with a Hopper in the house? If she doesn't know she can at least take the issue back to the mothership.

Actually, a separate receiver in an RV is supposed to have it's own account. Perhaps the best "nearest fit" question would be how they're going to handle people with Tailgater setups. Might be able to squeeze by on that. But I suspect this is a way to enforce getting a separate account for your RV. Carting a Hopper back and forth to the RV might be a pain.

So if I want one hopper and 3 joeys the cost should be $14 a month plus $10 DVR fee. What about pricing for the MoCA bridge? Any other fees I’m missing?

I'm assuming that there's no way they'll just ship the equipment to me and let me set it up myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)