Dish Hopper Pricing Rumors Thread

You just need to sign up for auto-pay and paperless billing. Alternately, a one-time $99 charge would get HD free for you too.

No. You are not required to keep it. It may be required to avoid an installation fee, like on the 922s. Even then can be dropped after equipment is activated.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

But if my equipment breaks, than I am on the hook for replacing it. I know that moment I canceled this, everything would break.

If the equipment is leased you are not on the hook for replacing it. Dish will send you a replacement receiver. Now if you need a tech to visit then you'll have to pay the $95 fee.

But if my equipment breaks, than I am on the hook for replacing it. I know that moment I canceled this, everything would break.
If it's something that requires a tech visit then you may well get charged the full $95 tech fee.

Personally I have never had the service plan. I had a 625 die a few years back, it was replaced free with no shipping charges. Had a 722 drive die 6 or 8 months ago and had the same deal - $0 out of pocket for the replacement. I didn't have to ask for or push for the "free" treatment at all.

Your mileage may vary, but if it's been 6 years that's $400+ paid out that would cover a lot of miscellaneous repair/shipping/tech fees.

gdodd12 said:

The equipment is leased. If it craps out send it back to Dish. Shipping may vary depending if you have the service plan or not. I have yet to pay a service fee for a faulty/failing receiver. The two that died on me (625/722K) were trouble shot over the phone. Thru were then sent back on my dime. Oh well. I think both combined was thirty bucks to ship. Been with Dish for about ten years. My out of pocket cost for not having the service plan is no where near what I would have been paying for the service plan over ten years. Take your chances. Service plan not worth it to me.

JM42 said:
If it's something that requires a tech visit then you may well get charged the full $95 tech fee.

Personally I have never had the service plan. I had a 625 die a few years back, it was replaced free with no shipping charges. Had a 722 drive die 6 or 8 months ago and had the same deal - $0 out of pocket for the replacement. I didn't have to ask for or push for the "free" treatment at all.

Your mileage may vary, but if it's been 6 years that's $400+ paid out that would cover a lot of miscellaneous repair/shipping/tech fees.

Yep. Good points. Experiences do vary.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I decided that my historical use of the service plan (or lack thereof) didn't warrant me keeping it. If I ever end up needing a tech visit, I'll just add the plan back the day before I set up the service call. It is now (as of this month) only required to be held for 4 months before it can then be removed again.

OK thanks. I will take that off than. As long as I don't have to buy receivers or what not.
If you think hopper may be in your future, you might go ahead and wait another month or so. It might save the tech fee. Hopefully we'll have some real details next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)