Dish Hopper Slow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sea Beagle

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Example. I DVR that takes like 3 minutes to show up. Then after that shows up o choose a show by scrolling through the recordings. That takes a long time for the curser to move across the screen. Then when I am able to choose the show I want that don’t show to.

Then the Hopper reboots itself. I see in the see this on the screen.

After the reboot the Hopper is fine.

Any one ever have this happen?

How can this be fixed?

IMG_1354.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was it brand new or refurbished when you got it? Mine was new when Dish installer came to my house to replace the older model Hopper about 3 years ago. I have never seen that code before.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Example. I DVR that takes like 3 minutes to show up. Then after that shows up o choose a show by scrolling through the recordings. That takes a long time for the curser to move across the screen. Then when I am able to choose the show I want that don’t show to.

Then the Hopper reboots itself. I see in the see this on the screen.

After the reboot the Hopper is fine.

Any one ever have this happen?

How can this be fixed?

View attachment 154010

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hello, Sea Beagle. The 1599 message on its own is normal and usually occurs during the regular nightly update. If this is happening consistently outside of that time, it could point to an issue with the Hopper's hard drive. We always double-check that the Hopper isn't overheating by having enough air space and is on a hard service.

There is a partial reset that can be done to help with this consistent system check. You should only need to do this once. To process a partial reset:

1. Press the MENU button twice or the Home button three times
2. Select "Tools"
3. Select "RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS"
4. Select "PARTIAL RESET"
5. Select "Reset" on the Reset Warning pop-up

This will not affect your timers or any DVR content. If you try this reset and the issue continues, please chat with us online at https://my.dish.com/support/contact. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

I've always thought something was wrong with my 3rd H3. The one I bought. The other one that we lease, haven't seen this. I get this error and the pop up that says it's checking the hard drive. Always comes up OK.

I'm jumping on the Partial Reset. Wish I had known about it long ago. I wonder if it'll fix the "Nightly Reboot" that happens at all hours of the day, will hound the heck out of ya and/or will just do it whether or not you want it to or if a recording is happening.

Thanks!!

AND there's Resets for YouTube, Prime and Netflix. "Christmas!!!"
Doin' the Partial this very second . . .

UPDATE:
After the "Partial Reset" things were a little more solid. But I feel something(s) are wrong. May not be, but it doesn't feel like I expected. Things are working better.

Partial reset still deleted my favourite channel lists.

I read in the description on the hopper there was nothing about the favourite lists being deleted or I wouldn’t have did the partial reset.

Reactions: SandFarmer
I read in the description on the hopper there was nothing about the favourite lists being deleted or I wouldn’t have did the partial reset.
Too True! A little too short on the explanations most of the time. I needed a fix so even if I knew, I would have done it.

Now I have channels acting like I have dish interference or when you skipped back less than a minute and the machine gets all wonky. That started this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts