DISH HOPPER SPEC SHEETS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Shouldn't all these discussions about Direct be moved to that forum. This is about Dish and this thread is about the Hopper/Joey!
apples & oranges ... both fruits ... comparing one to the other ... that especially because the Hopper/Joey is Dish's version of Directv's HR34/H25

As I said before a Harmony remote will work fine. :)

I have two Dishboxes which are located in the "Den"
my 622 uses the standard IR address
and the 722 uses an alternate IR address.

I use two different Harmony remotes for 2 different rooms
neither of the satellite boxes are in the room with either of the TVS

I don't really want any boxes in the Living room or bedroom. and I want to be able to continue using both harmony remotes.

will this be possible?

I am guessing that it will be like the 922 and only the Harmony set to remote address #1 will work.

It wil actually be a lot easier install for the techs... you can even reuse the old RG59 to send to the Joey's :)

A lot less wire to run!

This is true, but could be a real headache also.
There has to be a way for techs to check the data performance to the joeys, perhaps some type of noise test for the communication of all units. Get a noise factor to high & I can already envision threads of "Intermittent Joey Drop Out".

I have two Dishboxes which are located in the "Den"
my 622 uses the standard IR address
and the 722 uses an alternate IR address.

I use two different Harmony remotes for 2 different rooms
neither of the satellite boxes are in the room with either of the TVS

I don't really want any boxes in the Living room or bedroom. and I want to be able to continue using both harmony remotes.

will this be possible?

Which Harmony remotes do you have? Do you have UHF converters on them?

Here is an example of what I mean. Take a 2 story brick house with a full basement, house is prewired with rg59. Hopper on 1st floor & 2 joeys on 2nd floor. Tech had to and was able to run rg6 to hopper because it was easily accessible from the basement, not a big deal at this point. Now when the builders electrician wired the 2nd floor he ran 1 rg59 from the basement to attic on a 4 way splitter to feed the 4 bedrooms. Our scenario is only calling for 2 joeys. The other 2 rooms are not in use with nothing hooked to the wall plates. See where I'm going here. If the noise is to high there will joeys dropping from the hopper. In our scenario to correct our issue if the noise is too high the only option would be cabling on the exterior of the home. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Long time reader. My first post.
Scott, I have a simple question that to my knowledge has not been brought up.
On the Hopper, if the Prime Time Anytime is activated, is that tuner available during non-prime time hours or is that tuner dedicated solely to the Prime Time Anytime feature?

Long time reader. My first post.
Scott, I have a simple question that to my knowledge has not been brought up.
On the Hopper, if the Prime Time Anytime is activated, is that tuner available during non-prime time hours or is that tuner dedicated solely to the Prime Time Anytime feature?
Welcome to SatelliteGuys! it will be available during the none PT hours was my understanding...

Here is an example of what I mean. Take a 2 story brick house with a full basement, house is prewired with rg59. Hopper on 1st floor & 2 joeys on 2nd floor. Tech had to and was able to run rg6 to hopper because it was easily accessible from the basement, not a big deal at this point. Now when the builders electrician wired the 2nd floor he ran 1 rg59 from the basement to attic on a 4 way splitter to feed the 4 bedrooms. Our scenario is only calling for 2 joeys. The other 2 rooms are not in use with nothing hooked to the wall plates. See where I'm going here. If the noise is to high there will joeys dropping from the hopper. In our scenario to correct our issue if the noise is too high the only option would be cabling on the exterior of the home. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Your problem really lies with the single rg59 going from the basement to the attic. Each Joey needs a home run to the Hopper-Joey connection point which is which is where the two cables from the dish connect.

Your problem really lies with the single rg59 going from the basement to the attic. Each Joey needs a home run to the Hopper-Joey connection point which is which is where the two cables from the dish connect.
Not according to this diagram.......... hopper2.PNG

* or this..............xip.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think all my fees will be covered to install it under the dish protection policy thingy they normally are?

And One more question Why won't they let me keep my old 512's and 322's on my back up dish which is pointed at 110 and 119 its aligned and ready to go if the main one go's out of whack?

Oh and I called my guy and all these idiots that got me all excited about a feb 1st date are nuts. He said not possible he has no training and they don't have a single darn hopper in the warehouse And there is no way on earth that they will get a shipment and learn how to install them in 6 days.:mad:

*edit He also did say my house would be the one he probably be stuck 1st with an 8 hour installation LOL.

Last edited:

There are a lot of variables, quality of the spliiter, of the connections, of the cable etc. If they were getting a decent signal before though, and Moca works as designed, it should work. A four way split is about the minimum for cable in most homes.

Have no idea how real world will be though. We'll find out soon enough.

weird. I have guide data on my DTVPal (not the DVR just the old converter box) but we've had it for 3 months now. I know in your area it was just added recently

London Broadcasting Company owns 12.1 ABC, 12.2 NBC and puts out guide data for them , but doesn't put out psip data on either 12.3 MyTx or 12.4 MeTv . DISH contacted them through the dishquality department and they told them that they never received any complaints for not having guide data , so they don't see the need to put it out there. SO we will never have guide data as long as they are running the channels.

? about OTA channels

I have a question for when the hopper is released. Can you find out ( after OTA usb connection is Made Avail) Will the OTA channels be made avail to the Joeys connected to the Hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts