DISH Hopper Wireless Keyboard / Remote / Social Networking Concept Video

While I know a lot of people want it I don't thing it will be be tops on people's holiday wish lists.

Besides it will be outlying before then;).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski said:
While I know a lot of people want it I don't thing it will be be tops on people's holiday wish lists.

Besides it will be outlying before then;).

Outlying? I'm thinking some sort of typo happened and "out long" was turned into outlying by spellcheck. But maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Outlying? I'm thinking some sort of typo happened and "out long" was turned into outlying by spellcheck. But maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.
thank you for the translation... i read it initially and gave up trying to figure out what he meant... lol

Yes most for most people autocorrect is a love-hate relationship :D .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Yup I was typing on the phone. :)

But I also noticed I made a BIG MISTAKE as well, I thought I was in the Hopper OTA thread (which I am not) which I expect to be out long before the Holiday Season.

I must have clicked on this thread instead of the Hopper OTA tuner thread.

My Apologies!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup I was typing on the phone. :)

But I also noticed I made a BIG MISTAKE as well, I thought I was in the Hopper OTA thread (which I am not) which I expect to be out long before the Holiday Season.

I must have clicked on this thread instead of the Hopper OTA tuner thread.

My Apologies!

D'oh! You got my hopes up for the new remote!

I haven't heard anything about the new remote but I am crossing my fingers that we will see it again at CES

I have to have one, or two. :) I know this goes without saying but, scott please keep us updated in this. If and when it does come out I want to jump on it asap

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Just looked at an ad for a new series of Vizio Smart TVs - they include the new two sided remote (with keyboard on one side) just like the one posted here. I guess its become available - wonder if you can order it separately from the TV??

You can order the Vizio CoStar for $99 stand alone only from Vizio's web site here:

http://www.vizio.com/costar/overview

I am debating the purchase, but don't need it. Would do it just for the remote since i have Boxee, Roku, Plex, Xbox and a mac mini. A little redundant already.

If you get it, please let us know what you think. i love that it has Plex.

I hope someone from Dish sees this comment, because as much as I love the idea of keyboard integration, not everyone uses the standard Dish remote. What about adding bluetooth support? I know this isn't possible with an existing Hopper, but how about developing a dongle that can be plugged into one of the existing usb ports, and updating the software to work with third party bluetooth keyboards. I know this is probably wishful thinking, but would save those with an advanced home theater system setup a lot of headaches, and let's face it.... people who are into tech love the Hopper.

Daymon74 said:
I hope someone from Dish sees this comment, because as much as I love the idea of keyboard integration, not everyone uses the standard Dish remote. What about adding bluetooth support? I know this isn't possible with an existing Hopper, but how about developing a dongle that can be plugged into one of the existing usb ports, and updating the software to work with third party bluetooth keyboards. I know this is probably wishful thinking, but would save those with an advanced home theater system setup a lot of headaches, and let's face it.... people who are into tech love the Hopper.

The Hopper does have built in Bluetooth (that's why some of us are eagerly awaiting Bluetooth headphone support). I'm not sure what version of BT is supported, but there's a good chance a dongle wouldn't be needed. The question is, could And would Dish update the software in that manner. I think it's more likely they introduce their own remote/keyboard before allowing a free for all with third party keyboards- that would get too complicated to troubleshoot if something didn't work.

So now that the OTA software update is rolling out now will they finish the software up date for this soon? You can already plug in a mouse and the cursor works , now they need the web software.

Maybe it will be shown at CES so in Dish time lines that means we will see it the next summer which means next fall?

So does it now mean we have to have the new Hopper with Sling to be able to support this feature in the future as it has the FASTER CPU in it.
In other words the old Hopper cant support the web browser, CPU is not fast enough.

They are actually still working on it. And hopefully if it comes out it will be an add on option for people (like me) who wants it! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)