Dish Install finally

jollygrunt

Arsenal Fan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 16, 2005
Republic of Texas
I'm finally pulling the trigger and leaving Time Warner Cable after more than 7 years with them. Now that my great TWC legacy promo finished, I figured it was time to leave. I've chosen dish for tv(Sunday install), AT&T for internet(installing Friday), and ooma for telephone. I'll be saving around $40+ per month compared to spectrums' pricing.

Hopefully the installs will go in on time despite tropical system Harvey coming to visit tomorrow afternoon.

I'm finally pulling the trigger and leaving Time Warner Cable after more than 7 years with them. Now that my great TWC legacy promo finished, I figured it was time to leave. I've chosen dish for tv(Sunday install), AT&T for internet(installing Friday), and ooma for telephone. I'll be saving around $40+ per month compared to spectrums' pricing.

Hopefully the installs will go in on time despite tropical system Harvey coming to visit tomorrow afternoon.

Which receiver are you getting?

Luckily AT&T came early to install and beat the weather.

Now I'm looking forward to the dish Install.

I hope you're not in the direct area of where the storm is coming ashore or I probably don't have to tell you that you may be waiting a few days to get installed. I'm curious about how many televisions you have. If more than three, even if it's three, you may want to consider a hopper three if you do a lot of recording. If your tech is savvy enough, he can possibly get any upgrade fee waived or reduced as long as you have good credit.

Reactions: ncted
I hope you're not in the direct area of where the storm is coming ashore or I probably don't have to tell you that you may be waiting a few days to get installed. I'm curious about how many televisions you have. If more than three, even if it's three, you may want to consider a hopper three if you do a lot of recording. If your tech is savvy enough, he can possibly get any upgrade fee waived or reduced as long as you have good credit.

Yes, please don't risk life and limb and home for satellite TV. Not even worth a Hopper 3!

Reactions: HipKat
Could always get a super joey also

Yeah. When I had my SJ installed he insisted on running a third line 50ft across my yard to bury net to the other two. I even told him it could be done with a hybrid hub. He didn’t know anything about it.

There is no way I would ever do a super Joey with a DPP set up. Hopefully whoever used hybrid remembered that port one on the LNBF has to go to the port one and do all hub and port two to port two. I also make it a habit to connect the hopper across from port one and the super Joey across from port two

I live in the RGV in deep South Texas, and It hit north of us about 3 hours, or so, away. We just got a bit of rain and some gusty winds on Friday.

I only have one TV. I had a 6 tuner dvr with spectrum, and I've gotten by with 4 tuner dvrs in the past.

Are you saying that when the installer gets here tomorrow, I can ask him to upgrade to an H3?

Is The CW included in the PTAT?

Reactions: pattykay
Hopefully whoever used hybrid remembered that port one on the LNBF has to go to the port one and do all hub and port two to port two.

And why is that?
If you have super joey, that means you have Hopper sling or Hopper 2000
The duo hub works no meter which cable is connected to port 1 or 2.
Only for Hopper 3 the cable need to be in the first LNB port.

Are you saying that when the installer gets here tomorrow, I can ask him to upgrade to an H3?

You better call customer support at least 24h before the install.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts