Dish install tomorrow, No hard feelings YTTV…

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pere845

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Boise, Idaho
After holding out and hoping for a miracle that YouTube TV would readd the MLB network by opening day, I had to part ways with what was at one time, the best cable alternative. Dish is getting hooked up tomorrow right in time for the Texas Rangers home opener. Excited to be back on satellite nonetheless. Only question is what does the hopper plus exactly do? They are adding it on to my installation…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So pretty much an all in one hub with satellite and your streaming services under one roof. That’ll be so much better than using the Samsung and Vizio apps…

Reactions: charlesrshell
Oddly, there doesn’t seem to be a GOOD YT video showing how the H3&+ looks from power on to selecting OTA, Dish channels and apps - and moving between them.

I’ve preferred to use the apps built in to my five year old Sony UHDTV. Faster than the H3. But now the TV is acting a bit quirky and I might shift to the Fire stick plugged into it, or a Roku. Or see if Dish will give me a Plus. IF the slow behavior some have reported gets fixed.

My Harmony remote eliminates selecting HDMI ports.

My uncle actually has a Sony and LG at his place and it’s a snappy, enjoyable experience using the apps, especially the UI on the LG. Cannot say the same for Vizio or Samsung where it’s been a sluggish constant freezing experience. Gonna be nice having the plus in the living room, Xbox will continue to be my media hub in the bedroom.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Cannot say the same for Vizio or Samsung where it’s been a sluggish constant freezing experience.
Cant speak for Vizio, but with Samsung it really depends on not only the age, but also the 'series' or price range it belongs to. I cant remember the exact specs, but my first smart TV was a Samsung Series 8 or 9 from 2017 and 40/43? inches in size. While it was not QLED or OLED, it was 4K and would open apps in a really snappy fashion, decode 4K HDR movies streamed from Plex among other nice to have's, like the voice enabled remote or oneconnect box. I had to get rid of that TV when I moved, so I went out and bought a 55' 2020 Series 7 from WalMart. In retrospect I should of done my research, I was expecting to not have a voice remote and oneconnect, but I was not expecting the piss poor app performance, nor the lack of apps in the store for some strange reason. My guess is that the lower series has an older/weaker SoC then its older but high-end counterpart. I should of done what I do with my computer/server setup, buy used high-end/enthusiast level equipment from a few years ago instead of mid/low end new stuff where you pay the new tax.

Oddly, there doesn’t seem to be a GOOD YT video showing how the H3&+ looks from power on to selecting OTA, Dish channels and apps - and moving between them.

I’ve preferred to use the apps built in to my five year old Sony UHDTV. Faster than the H3. But now the TV is acting a bit quirky and I might shift to the Fire stick plugged into it, or a Roku. Or see if Dish will give me a Plus. IF the slow behavior some have reported gets fixed.

My Hopper Plus & Joey 4 skip forward or back still takes 2 to 3 seconds. My H3 takes about .5 second. When that gets fixed I will move the Plus back to my primary H3. The Plus is pretty kool having all the apps.

My 10 year old sony changes ports automatically..still have to use multiple remotes...built in apps don't last forever..mine lasted about 5 years

I had been using the apps on my Sony X900H for the last 18 months but the Nvidia Sheild Pro upgrade added Dolby Vision and with the AI Upscaling, the picture is more spectacular than it was on just the TV itself. But that's what I do for all my viewing. I don't see myself ever going back to a Pay TV service

Something tells me that we have the exact same 55 and 65 inch versions of that Samsung because we also bought both sets in 2019 and 2020 respectively. They both are equally sluggish.

Something tells me that we have the exact same 55 and 65 inch versions of that Samsung because we also bought both sets in 2019 and 2020 respectively. They both are equally sluggish.

My 55” is a UN55TU7000. If yours is the same then my condolences.

Reactions: Pere845
It adds the Android TV platform to the Hopper Experience, meaning you can download apps like HBO Max, MLB.TV, Pluto TV etc... to your Hopper.
Can you install YouTube TV?
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office