Dish internet

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
My parents live in rural London, Ohio. They have Dish for TV. They called them up recently and asked about satellite internet and were told it’s not available there. Does that sound legit? I mean why wouldn’t it be?

My parents live in rural London, Ohio. They have Dish for TV. They called them up recently and asked about satellite internet and were told it’s not available there. Does that sound legit? I mean why wouldn’t it be?

There are a lot of areas where DISH has no techs that can install satellite internet. Call a local retailer. :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Different gateways on HughesNet. They have some specific to them(or atleast that is how it was trained. It has been a few years, but that was the terms used.)

Retailers also have open gateways to their discretion. Always go retailer when it comes to signing up for internet.

With Viasat/Exede we retailers can sell and install even when the beams are closed to all other sales channels. Since the Hughesnet Gen5 satellite opened up we haven't seen any beam closures yet but we do get calls where the people say that the DISH RSP that services this part of the country has no qualified techs to install in their area.

All this applies only to LOCAL sales and service retailers and not the big national retailers like GoDish who are totally useless.

Reactions: ChadT41
I wouldn’t know how to get in touch with a local retailer there- it was hard enough to locate one here in Kansas City. All the “local” phone numbers re-route to 800-333-3474. I was fortunate enough to find one in this area and I buy all my equipment from him. But I’m only in Ohio a few times a year.

Reactions: JSheridan
You’re right. I just came across a Dish One post and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Lol.
I could tell you stories of jobs where I had to follow, errrrrr, reinstall their work. Now Dish uses them as a nationwide door to door sales force and they DO generate a lot of work for us and they HAVE gotten better but the first year they were selling job, oh... my... God....

The lies they were telling people were beyond belief

I think it has already been established, but yeah call a local retailer. If nothing else just have them call HughsNet directly. I bet they get service. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)