DISH Introduces Flex Pack

And the simple solution you refuse to see is that the Flex pack approach isn't meant for you. Simple huh? :)

Now you can move on to complaining about something new at Dish while you keep subscribing. Odd...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And you can continue to "Over Hype " what I consider a nothing package option that requires your to sacrifice far more than the actual return.

$29 dollar saving for the Top 250 to the Flex pack isn't any different than going from Top 250 to Top 120.

What channels stand out for you in the Flex pack that aren't in the Smart pack?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

And you can continue to "Over Hype " what I consider a nothing package option that requires your to sacrifice far more than the actual return.

$29 dollar saving for the Top 250 to the Flex pack isn't any different than going from Top 250 to Top 120.

What channels stand out for you in the Flex pack that aren't in the Smart pack?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I'm not overhyping anything. And the only sacrifice I make is spending $10 less per month for the exact same channels I had in the T120 non-plus. Not much of a 'sacrifice' IMO. :)

KAB pointed out that your math is wrong btw.

And I looked at the Smart Pack a long time ago and didn't want it, don't remember why, not going to look again to see. It didn't fit then so there's no reason to expect it to fit now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, as has been said before, it's your choice, so best to make one and move on.
Agree, I've made one , After adding all the 4 packs our house would require, I could just drop down to Top 200 and save $5 over the Flex pack options.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I switched to Flex with locals, but Dish is charging me $44.99 not $39.99. The CRS told me the only way to get the $5 off is to agree with auto-pay AND sign a two year contract. Is this true? Only advantage to agreeing with contract is the price lock.

Reactions: RandallW@DISH
The question isn't did you lose a lot of programming, but did you lose a lot of programming you actually watch?

And round and round we go. Of course that isn't the question.
With A La Carte it isn't how much per channel am I spending, it's can I spend less every month yet still get what I want or close enough that the savings make up for it. If someone doesn't watch ESPN, or their RSN, or has OTA and really doesn't need locals etc etc what good is it even if they are in a package at a good price, if that person can spend less than that per month and never miss those channels?

I switched to Flex with locals, but Dish is charging me $44.99 not $39.99. The CRS told me the only way to get the $5 off is to agree with auto-pay AND sign a two year contract. Is this true? Only advantage to agreeing with contract is the price lock.

And the price guarantee

I saw in one of the posts that there is still a $12 off a month for one of the users, in addition to $5 off for the autopay. Where did that come from? I am in a 24 month price lock right now with AT120+ or above, free Hopper, for 24 months. However, I cannot figure on how to see if I would get that extra $12 a month off. If that was part of the deal, and $17 comes off a month, that would make the Flex Pack + Kids pack perfect for my family, and it looks like it could be a sizable savings of $15-$20 a month if that is the case? Could someone confirm that?

Even still.
Add locals,
$30, Add ESPN, $20, keep adding and keep losing value.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Add locals $30? That's only $10. I've been with Dish 15 years and don't believe I've watched ESPN once. The top 200 or 250 are great if you watch a lot of different stuff, but if all you watch is locals, Hallmark, SciFi, USA, Fx, and 2 or 3 others in Flex, why spend more? True top tiers are much cheaper per channel, but it's rather be able to pick 10 channels at $5 per channel... but can't do that. Flex is closest thing so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I saw in one of the posts that there is still a $12 off a month for one of the users, in addition to $5 off for the autopay. Where did that come from? I am in a 24 month price lock right now with AT120+ or above, free Hopper, for 24 months. However, I cannot figure on how to see if I would get that extra $12 a month off. If that was part of the deal, and $17 comes off a month, that would make the Flex Pack + Kids pack perfect for my family, and it looks like it could be a sizable savings of $15-$20 a month if that is the case? Could someone confirm that?
I think the $12 is the Hopper fee, which looks like they add after 2 years.

Yeah it is. I was told by chat customer support that I would lose that... But some above screenshots say otherwise. I just want to verify before making any changes though, because $20 a month is significant in my budget (only reason I subscribe to AT200 is for Disney Jr.)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Tampa8
Just got the extra $5 off & 2yr price lock (was already on contract with 18 months left after upgrading to H3, so no big deal).
I switched 2 weeks ago so this was a bonus, saving $25 a month & haven't missed anything. Great idea Dish!

Now if only I could find someone to refer - the bonus went from $50 to $100 for the next few months.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Locals are only $10. The Flex pack doesn't work for everyone. I'm switching so I don't have to pay for ESPN anymore and that provides a lot of value for me. I've been waiting for this for years.
You guys clearly didn't read Kab and I conversation.

He said they SAVINGS would be $40, I said add Locals, Now it's only $30.
Meaning savings , Not cost.

Jeesshh.....

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Locals are only $10. The Flex pack doesn't work for everyone. I'm switching so I don't have to pay for ESPN anymore and that provides a lot of value for me. I've been waiting for this for years.

Many here have. :) MikeD-C05 is in Hog Heaven that DISH is going down this road. LMAO

I think the $12 is the Hopper fee, which looks like they add after 2 years.

Hopper fees are $15.
$10 is a New customer promos, that expires like all other New customer promos.
$12 is a Grandfathered Hopper price that is eliminated the Minute you upgrade to the Hopper 3.

The only promo an existing customer is getting is a $5 autopay credit for ×24 months that still requires a 24 month commitment.

It's posted a few pages back using my own account as a reference.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)