DISH Introduces Flex Pack

How does BBC world news Compare to Fance24 and Euronews?

I may drop those 2 for BBC world news if it's comparable.
It would save me $5-10

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I get it because I have always watched the 30 minute programs they have shown on PBS for years and on BBC America.
I find it to be a lot like France 24 English. They have mostly news but some documentaries and other shows like travel and sport.

I get it because I have always watched the 30 minute programs they have shown on PBS for years and on BBC America.
I find it to be a lot like France 24 English. They have mostly news but some documentaries and other shows like travel and sport.
Maybe I'll try it out.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: cycu1996
Nothing more than another desperate attempt by Dish to slow down their bleeding of customers.

I looked at these packages, there is no value. You pay less because you get less

Yup you may have a point about less.

But, when I look up the channels I view and add on the extra cost for the local package and the business package which add some things I like but do not have, I still see $20/month lower cost with the flex pak.
Anytime you see a twenty laying on the ground every month, you would be a fool not to pick it up. Unless I am missing something.

How does BBC world news Compare to Fance24 and Euronews?

I may drop those 2 for BBC world news if it's comparable.
It would save me $5-10

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I would say comparable with France 24, SkyNews, Deutsche Welle, CNNI. Euronews has less in depth features, less news read by anchors and if there is nothing really new you may see the same news repeated for awhile. It's the "rolling" news form. There is far less opinion news and less U.S news. It is often the first to get news particularly not in Europe or be at news stories first and of course has the No Comment news as you know. They stick with live events longer. It's my #1 choice for International news the only channel I make an effort almost everyday to watch for awhile that I must use the internet for.

I would say comparable with France 24, SkyNews, Deutsche Welle, CNNI. Euronews has less in depth features, less news read by anchors and if there is nothing really new you may see the same news repeated for awhile. It's the "rolling" news form. There is far less opinion news and less U.S news. It is often the first to get news particularly not in Europe or be at news stories first and of course has the No Comment news as you know. They stick with live events longer. It's my #1 choice for International news the only channel I make an effort almost everyday to watch for awhile that I must use the internet for.
So Euronews is better In your opinion?
I'm the kind of guy that doesn't give a sh*t what an news Anchor opinion is.
So I'm fine with just the facts, I'd prefer that actually.
I can't stand CNN or FOX news because they are so biased.
That's why I like the over seas news.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I'm not putting down BBC their news is good, better than but more like CNN, FOX and the others I mentioned however. Yes I feel EuroNews is better partly for the reason you mention.

So Euronews is better In your opinion?
I'm the kind of guy that doesn't give a sh*t what an news Anchor opinion is.
So I'm fine with just the facts, I'd prefer that actually.
I can't stand CNN or FOX news because they are so biased.
That's why I like the over seas news.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I don't get EuroNews anymore, but I always liked BBC News better, I guess it is just habit. I watched BBC News feeds on C-Band way back when, and then watch BBC News on PBS weeknights and when it comes on BBC America.
I don't ever get the feeling they are pushing an agenda, like FOX News or CNN, of course perhaps they are and it is a British agenda, and I'm too dumb to notice :) LOL
I do find that they mainly just report "the news" and, to me, it is much like CNN International used to be when Ted let us have it in the USA back in the day.
They do actually tell "World News" and not just report on The Donald, Hillary, and which celebrity is sleeping with which, and which one OD'ed today, like American news.

Nothing more than another desperate attempt by Dish to slow down their bleeding of customers.

I looked at these packages, there is no value. You pay less because you get less
Something tells me if AT&T-DirecTV had came out with this first for DBS you'd be all over it preaching to the masses about how good it was.

Liking this options, seems to be them getting competitive with Playstation Vue.

With PS Vue, I can buy and pay off my equipment in roughly a year (depending on if I pick a FireTV stick vs. box). with Dish I have to pay the equipment fees forever.

IMO, Flex is a good step forward.. but not enough to keep me from considering a switch when my contract runs out in the next month.

With PS Vue, I can buy and pay off my equipment in roughly a year (depending on if I pick a FireTV stick vs. box). with Dish I have to pay the equipment fees forever.

IMO, Flex is a good step forward.. but not enough to keep me from considering a switch when my contract runs out in the next month.

Online can be less expensive especially if you do not have alot of favorite programs or sometimes if you can wait till they become available. But it's a different culture that for some is no problem, for others not worth the effort for the money saved. I fall in the "I'm not hunting around to watch my shows" camp... :) I get a ton of use out of the DISH DVR, so for two rooms $17 I would rather pay that. But that is indeed $200 a year and that's the low side of costs.

Right now it is a mistake. There is alot of speculation that when the last contract was signed TV Land would be HD. So glass half full... Sign of things to come. :)

Something tells me if AT&T-DirecTV had came out with this first for DBS you'd be all over it preaching to the masses about how good it was.

No actually.

Do you realize from a sales point how annoying this is to sell?

Every other provider there are 2-3 packages.

Do I really want to sit there and name off every dam channel in every flex package and sit there on the phone for the customer to decide?

Great for people on this board who already know the packages, but 95% of our sales are on the phone and the customer is not looking at a computer, or they would be calling a phone number online.

Charter cable is the easiest...

Internet only
Internet/phone
Internet/tv
Internet/tv/phone
Tv only
Tv/phone

There is 1 basic tv package, if you want more channels add $20

No actually.

Do you realize from a sales point how annoying this is to sell?

Every other provider there are 2-3 packages.

Do I really want to sit there and name off every dam channel in every flex package and sit there on the phone for the customer to decide?

Great for people on this board who already know the packages, but 95% of our sales are on the phone and the customer is not looking at a computer, or they would be calling a phone number online.

Charter cable is the easiest...

Internet only
Internet/phone
Internet/tv
Internet/tv/phone
Tv only
Tv/phone

There is 1 basic tv package, if you want more channels add $20

Do you realize from a consumer's point how annoying it is when it's too much trouble to provide the best choice for them?

A good step forward?! You want a DVR to be able to hold onto recording forever, FlexPack is light years ahead of everything else. Can let go of the DVR and a one month DVR meets your needs, then Vue may work out, as long as you don't want to record locals.

Reactions: Tampa8