Dish iPad app not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Here in the last couple of weeks my Dish iPad app has has been screwing up. It started after updating the iPad to 6.0, and is still doing it with 6.0.1. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Sometimes that works, but most of the time if doesn't. The iPhone app still works great. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-3714515205.jpg
    image-3714515205.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 208
  • image-1166539948.jpg
    image-1166539948.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 216
  • image-3930341767.jpg
    image-3930341767.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 226
  • image-587295182.jpg
    image-587295182.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image-3758616388.jpg
    image-3758616388.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 192
I was having a similar issue with the app initializing but telling my my receiver wasn't online. I had the Hopper connected trough an ethernet switch. When I wired it direct, it started working again. Are you using an ethernet switch with your receiver?

The issue is that the app is popping messages it shouldn't. On mine its said initializing, logging in, logging out, unable to load play list etc. I can use it on my phone and dishonline.com with no issues. This seems to be an issue with the iPad app itself, for me anyways.

My iPad app was doing the "loading receivers" thing last night but this morning it's fine. The iPad is still on 5.1.1. iPhone app on 6.0.1 does seem a tad more reliable though. Overall the whole Dish Online/Sling experience no matter the platform feels pretty beta to me. Doesn't seem like they'll ever get it right. It's awesome when it works right though (about 75% of the time.) When I'm on the PC dish.sling.com is far better for the Sling experience than Dish Online IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I was having a similar issue with the app initializing but telling my my receiver wasn't online. I had the Hopper connected trough an ethernet switch. When I wired it direct, it started working again. Are you using an ethernet switch with your receiver?
Yep. Exactly!!!

The issue is that the app is popping messages it shouldn't. On mine its said initializing, logging in, logging out, unable to load play list etc. I can use it on my phone and dishonline.com with no issues. This seems to be an issue with the iPad app itself, for me anyways.

Same. Same!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)