DISH is airing inappropriate ads on TV Land

Girls Gone Wild commercials on TV Land, for example ? If so, the odds of D* and E* both happening to insert these is pretty slim which suggests they're coming from TV Land after all.
Or both companies have contracts with the same advertisers who buy space from both providers using the same criteria for obtaining commercial placement.

I don't watch TV Land, but I never thought of it as being aimed at kids. I would have thought that modern kids would be bored silly by most of the shows they carry.

Fines? The ads may be offensive to some, but they aren't against the law.
Fines? Damn straight! TV hasn't fallen completely into the carnal jungle yet. "Adult entertainment" and ads for it still need discrete placement and TV Land and Brady Bunch commercial breaks fail that by a large margin.

I would think any thinking programmer would not put ads for programs in any show that isn't rated the same or more adult than that being advertised.

This isn't rocket science.

I havent seen the adds on charter cable's nickelodeon channels but inregards to the stars covering the teenage girls naughty parts they dont cover enough and when it comes to what the girls are doing on screen the stars definitely arent big enough. Our daughter isnt freaked out by nudity but when it comes to the context the nudity is in thats a whole nother story and simulated or creative editing still leaves alot to be seen.

Tvland is whole family programming geared towards all ages within a family structure and not a specific group so any arguement towards the commercial being acceptable during the tvland time frame or any other time frame during operations on any nick channel has no grounds.

Fines? Damn straight! TV hasn't fallen completely into the carnal jungle yet. "Adult entertainment" and ads for it still need discrete placement and TV Land and Brady Bunch commercial breaks fail that by a large margin.

I would think any thinking programmer would not put ads for programs in any show that isn't rated the same or more adult than that being advertised.

This isn't rocket science.

Maybe kids shouldn't be up at 4:30AM watching The Brady Bunch.

Fines???? Asinine.

If the ads are airing around 9:00pm-10:00pm or later, I don't think anyone who's too young to be seeing "Girls Gone Wild" or other "mature" ads should be watching at that time anyway...whether or not the channel is part of a "family" package. Kids who are too young to see stuff like that or understand stuff like that should be in bed by that time.

Recorded the shows and watching at a later time? Then the parents should be there with remote in hand and finger on the jump button to jump through the commercials. Parents need to be more responsible for what their kids are doing and watching. I'm sick of all these parents that whine about crap like this all the time. You can't expect big companies or other people (unless it's someone you've hired like a babysitter or nanny) to do the babysitting for you. You should have thought about stuff like this before you went and had kids. If you can't spend time with your kids and keep up with what they're watching on TV, which video games they're playing, etc then maybe you shouldn't have had kids to begin with.

Parents need to be more responsible for what their kids are doing and watching.
I'm sure most parents try, but if I let my daughter watch Dora, should I have to sit with her in case there's an inappropriate commercial ? No, I should NOT. If a TV show is rated "G", the commercials should be too.

Brady Bunch is harmless but the fact that it's on in the middle of the night means the network can show "riskier" commercials because kids really aren't likely to be watching. Ten years ago, yeap, that was a safe assumption.... With DVRs to prevalent, it no longer is.

Maybe kids shouldn't be up at 4:30AM watching The Brady Bunch.

Fines???? Asinine.
I'll bet no kids were up at 4:30. I'll bet the show was recorded on a fine Dish DVR.

BTW, are you against all fines or just fines for sexually explicit television on family friendly channels?

I'll bet no kids were up at 4:30. I'll bet the show was recorded on a fine Dish DVR.

BTW, are you against all fines or just fines for sexually explicit television on family friendly channels?

What sexually explicit television are you referring to?

I'm against fines for a GGW commercial airing at 4:30AM on any channel.

Do you also believe there should be fines for those new bra commercials that show nothing but women wearing bras? They even show cleavage. If I remember my youth, breasts were a big fascination and could lead to lustful thoughts, oh my!

And a little off-topic. Why are most Americans so against any type of nudity on television? Is there something wrong with the human body that we shouldn't look at it? Most of the rest of the western world shows nudity on TV and they don't seem as depraved or have as many bizarre sex-crimes as most of America.....

I'm sure most parents try, but if I let my daughter watch Dora, should I have to sit with her in case there's an inappropriate commercial ? No, I should NOT. If a TV show is rated "G", the commercials should be too.

Brady Bunch is harmless but the fact that it's on in the middle of the night means the network can show "riskier" commercials because kids really aren't likely to be watching. Ten years ago, yeap, that was a safe assumption.... With DVRs to prevalent, it no longer is.

I agree that there shouldn't be commercials like this during shows like Dora that are made for young kids, or on channels that are specifically geared towards kids, or even during times of day when kids may likely be watching. But if a parent records something in the middle of the night when kids are in bed, on a channel that's not specifically for kids, and the show is also not specifically for kids, then the parent needs to take the responsibility of watching along (or before their kid sees it) and/or monitoring it while their kids are watching. If they can't do that, then maybe they shouldn't be recording it or letting their kids watch it and find something else for the kids to watch. I get so sick of these parents that whine and complain about stuff like this, and at the same time either can't or don't want to take responsibility for monitoring their kids. It shouldn't be everyone else's responsibility to make sure their kids aren't seeing this stuff, especially when it's not a kids channel and not specifically a kid's show. A 7 year old should be watching something recorded from Nickelodeon rather than TV Land. While TV Land originated as a spinoff from Nickelodeon/Nick At Nite, it is for adults and older kids and is not a young children's channel...no matter how "wholesome" the Brady Bunch is. My parents never used the TV as a "babysitter" for me, and I personally think the TV should never be used as a "babysitter." Get the kid something educational like a Leapfrog or at least a DVD without commercials or whatever where you don't have to worry about stuff like GGW and other "mature" commercials if you can't monitor their TV viewing. Same goes for internet use.

I think some of you are missing the point here, Nickelodeon and all of its offshoots are child and family oriented progamming channels 24/7 365 and regardless of what time of the day or night it is there should not be any commercials for stupid teenage girls getting drunk and naked on spring break nor should there be commercials for Qwest telephone chat lines. Half the reason Nick went 24 hour is for parents to record shows for the kids to watch and the other half is that there is a significant portion of the population thats awake during the midnight hours who dont want to watch infomercials and who dont have premiums to watch.

Nick channels are ment for kids and families and any parent that allows their children to watch these channels has a reasonable expectations that they would not have to police the commercials that air during the breaks in the show, its the same as with PETA and their deceptive soliciting and advertising programs such as the vegitarian cook book you can order from them that has articles with graphic pictures of animals in slaughter houses.

dish network does not have anything to do with the programming shown on some networks ggw pays tv programmers like tv land and other networks for a 1 or 2hr slot the same thing happens on basic cable on certian channels after a certian time

Hmm i thought that tv land came from its own provider and dish simply relays it.. i was not aware that dish inserts commercials? we were never trained on this ever and were always adviced to say that whatever the programmers put is what plays... wow this is interesting.. ill do some internal research, got some connections...

so let me get this straight.. lets say you hve tv land on direct tv....or cable?

and you put a dish network receiover side by side to the other company... they wont show the same thing as far as commercials?? I know mtv and most others is the exact same thing on the other providers (i had cable and dish at the same time)

interesting i say!!

Girls gone wild unltimate rush!! haha those are annoying.. they come out on cartoon network when adult swim is on... strange..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts