DISH is dumping Chiller on 2/1

Isn't NatGeo Wild also only on AT250?
Last summer, it was rumored to be moving down to a lower package. At the time, there was an oddball unannounced free preview of the standard-def feed of National Geographic (the main channel, not Wild) that lasted for four months before Dish fixed it. I think Dish was trying to change the package-flag for NatGeo Wild, and they screwed up by putting the wrong channel in free preview instead.

One thing I find interesting is that Chiller was removed, and NBCSN is now listed on AT120+ as well as Dish America on Dish's site.

https://www.mydish.com/station/NBCSP

Looks like it happened on the same day. I wonder if that was part of the latest NBC contract - dropping Chiller and the tradeoff is NBCSN gets more subs
looks like an error, went online, saw it listed under Top120, 120+ and Dish America, decided to give Dish a call to varify, CSR told me it was an error

NBCSN was in free preview for about 3 hours yesterday. Must have been a mistake too.

Usually, a short free preview like that would mean a package-flag change, though.

I think NBC Sports Network did change packages. I haven't seen any mention of a free preview; and at my work, we have America Top 120 and we currently have NBC Sports Network and we didn't before. LailaS@DISH or some other DIRT member might be able to let us know if there has been any change or if it is an unlisted free preview. I see the webpage still has it as AT120 and above.

Reactions: trojan67
Remember folks NBC pulled the plug on the channel. It is no longer available anywhere. This was not something Dish did on their own
Thanks for trying to put this thread back on topic, but most of the discussion on this page has been about NBC Sports moving down to a lower package, or NatGeo Wild doing the same. (A rumor that you posted last summer.)

Remember folks NBC pulled the plug on the channel. It is no longer available anywhere. This was not something Dish did on their own

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Wait, what? Are we still talking about Chiller? Chiller's website still acts like they exist, and I haven't seen any discussion of other providers dropping it. Are you thinking of Cloo?

Wait, what? Are we still talking about Chiller? Chiller's website still acts like they exist, and I haven't seen any discussion of other providers dropping it. Are you thinking of Cloo?
Dish dropped Cloo a long time ago, so if people are just now noticing and sending Scott PM's about it, then it must not have been a very popular channel. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)