Hopper with Sling Old UI Software Version S544 is Here

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Just noticed my HWSs received software version S544 this morning. Haven't noticed any changes yet. Wonder why the new CUI hasn't been forced out yet!

Just noticed my HWSs received software version S544 this morning. Haven't noticed any changes yet. Wonder why the new CUI hasn't been forced out yet!
maybe with the folks who have the accesibilty option on the hopper w/ sling you can update to "carbon" if you want to but dish will make you to go to carbon or dish found some bugs,

maybe with the folks who have the accesibilty option on the hopper w/ sling you can update to "carbon" if you want to but dish will make you to go to carbon or dish found some bugs,
I am waiting for DISH to force the new CUI to my HWSs. I am hoping they don't till it is fixed to the best of their ability.

I am waiting for DISH to force the new CUI to my HWSs. I am hoping they don't till it is fixed to the best of their ability.
brother still has hopper w/sling he still has the old UI as soon as dish forces carbon down to other HWS i do not know when he will be getting it. i use hopper 3 dvr there are still bugs with the system when you try to change channels from OTA to regular channels you have to go to the guide and change,now the bluetooth is messed up.

brother still has hopper w/sling he still has the old UI as soon as dish forces carbon down to other HWS i do not know when he will be getting it. i use hopper 3 dvr there are still bugs with the system when you try to change channels from OTA to regular channels you have to go to the guide and change,now the bluetooth is messed up.
WOW, seems like it never ends.

HWS carbon U228 came through automatically last night. I did the diagnostics option to update to carbon U226 couple weeks ago.

Were non-CUI Hoppers experiencing external HDD issues ? If so, this update likely included the same fix that CUI Hoppers rec'd.

I have never had any EHD issues on my non-CUI HWSes.

BTW, I am a belt and suspenders kinda guy. Three of my EHDs are RAID 1 arrays.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Were non-CUI Hoppers experiencing external HDD issues ? If so, this update likely included the same fix that CUI Hoppers rec'd.
No, the external hard drives have worked well on the non-carbon interface. In fact I have no issues with my 2 hopper with sling and Joey receiver running the old interface. But I still have S542 on my 2 receivers.

Sent from my KFGIWI using the SatelliteGuys app!

I'm seeing a channel 9607 that says " Accessibility Software Update" on my H2 with traditional UI.

I'm not going to touch it for fear it is the Carbon UI.

Anybody installed it?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I received S544 on my two hopper with sling receivers today February 3, 2017. I have not seen any differences from S542 which I have had since December.

Reactions: navychop
So 9607 is how we get the new CUI. Is Dish going to make this official by sending notices to those customers with HWS? Are they making this upgrade optional. Will they then maintain two separate firmwares for the HWS forever or will they one day force it on everyone? questions, questions, questions. NO answers. I went to channel 103 and they still have to old Hopper 3 video. No notice there about 9607.

Channel 9607 did not work for me. It contains the Accessibility update. I was updated to U226 automatically and am now at U228. No one ever said 9607 is now the official update method.

Sent from my XT1032 using the SatelliteGuys app!

9607 is the update method from S542 or 544 to CUI. It sounds to me like you are already on CUI with firmware numbers like U226 and U228.

Reactions: Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts