Dish Launches Big 10 Network

one question, like Directv will we on dish have access to all the other games on at once this weekend? but who gives a care, we got BTN, and ALL of us have BTN. great day to be a fighting Illini fan!

Here's the biggest lie ever

"This added service will be available at NO ADDITIONAL COST to America’s Top 100 customers."

Yeah, besides the inevitable $3-$4 rate hike in Feb, it won't be any additional cost.

All I want to hear from all these BTN supporters is "Thankyou sir may I pay some more" when we get a $3-$4 rate hike Feb 1.

I could care less! Have a couple drinks Jeff and relax ... obviously Charlie realized he needed this channel to keep people, like me, from fleeing to D*. Congtats to all of us that really wanted this channel!

The average cost per subscriber is at most 33 cents per month. And I strongly suspect E* negotiated it lower than that. Wouldn't be surprised if their final cost was in the 25-28 cents per sub range.

I could care less! Have a couple drinks Jeff and relax ... obviously Charlie realized he needed this channel to keep people, like me, from fleeing to D*. Congtats to all of us that really wanted this channel!

I'll bet you a couple of those drinks that the rate hike thread in February will be at least as long as this one. It always is, and it's always filled with the usual: "Charlie is a greedy pig!... This is the last straw!.....I'm leaving Dish and never coming back!......."

At 4:30 this afternoon, I heard a radio commercial from Dish about it. Must have been done at least 48 hrs. ago.

Well! I am very excited by this news.....hopefully they got the channel at a discount.....but I'm in the crowd that is willing to pay more for this channel. Hopefully, they'll be able to add the HD version of the channel, or at least use the "HD event" channel to broadcast the saturday game(s) available in HD.

The Big 10 Thing strikes me as a good example of where a small number of people can make a very big noise -- as in the forums here the past month. Personally, I could care less about it; and even less if its another set of SD channels. And I don't think that statistically, looking at the whole subscriber base, Echostar was that concerned about losing customers.

Will there be a rate change in February? Who knows? There usually is; I have come to expect it.

But for Big 10 fans, great! You get some more football.

Since Direct has the Guarantees to the U's, they finally figured out a little money is better than NO money.

I just came home and started looking through the guide, checked my RSN (FSN-Cincinnati) on 427 and see BIG10. :) Had to hop on here, on the off chance it wasn't posted yet, but of course Scott was Johnny on the Spot. :D

Glad to see it got added.. I'm not concerned about a rate increase, do you honestly think if BTN was not added we would NOT see a rate increase next year?

I just came home and started looking through the guide, checked my RSN (FSN-Cincinnati) on 427 and see BIG10. :) Had to hop on here, on the off chance it wasn't posted yet, but of course Scott was Johnny on the Spot. :D

Glad to see it got added.. I'm not concerned about a rate increase, do you honestly think if BTN was not added we would NOT see a rate increase next year?

It's the difference between a $1-$2 rate hike and a $3-$4 rake hike, and plenty of people get their panties in a twist over that come Feb, not just me.

No offense to Scott of course but Gable_Guy posted first.

I'll bet you a couple of those drinks that the rate hike thread in February will be at least as long as this one. It always is, and it's always filled with the usual: "Charlie is a greedy pig!... This is the last straw!.....I'm leaving Dish and never coming back!......."

That is the price of having nice things ... and the BTN is nice for me! I expect a price increase every year ... that is the nature of the beast. I am sure Charlie worked out an agreement he can live with ... or he wouldn't have done it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts