Dish Launches Big 10 Network

It's the difference between a $1-$2 rate hike and a $3-$4 rake hike, and plenty of people get their panties in a twist over that come Feb, not just me.

After last year's price increase for AEP+HD (previously "HD Platinum") of $10 that I had, $3-4 increase would feel like nothing. $1-2 I wouldn't even blink an eye at. Rates will go up regardless, plan on it. If you can't afford it, downgrade, simple as that.

Did I change anything after the rate increase? Nope. Just some complaining of course, but I still pay it each month.

Channels will always be added that not EVERYBODY wants, it cannot be avoided. Each channel added, short of a PI channel will incur a cost one way or another. Nothing we as subscribers can do about it, until ala carte ever happens -- which is another ball of wax all together.

I'm not trying to start anything here, just saying I'm glad the channel was added so those that were upset it was not will be happy. I wouldn't have done anything as drastic as leaving if they did not add it, but I'm not disappointed they added it, either.

Gee another useless channel...At least the whining will stop, that alone is almost worth the cost. ;) :)

NightRyder

NightRyder its worthless to you, cause ya live in a state with the population of 0

When are we going to get the SEC, ACC, Big 12, Pac 10 and Big East channels?

Man, don't even start. As much as I'm glad E* added BTN to keep subs happy, I'm worried that as more providers sign agreements for the network, that the other conferences will want their own channel. From there it may spiral even more. Imagine this scenario:

Oh, you want to watch your team's game and it's not on ABC or ESPN? Check the conference's channel, if your provider carries it. Wait, it's not on the conference's channel? Oh! I forgot to mention, that game is carried on your team's own channel! Hope your provider ponies up the cash for it!

It's quite a double edged sword, we'll just have to see how it plays out. But for now, subs that wanted it are happy. :)

Man, don't even start. As much as I'm glad E* added BTN to keep subs happy, I'm worried that as more providers sign agreements for the network, that the other conferences will want their own channel. From there it may spiral even more. Imagine this scenario:

Oh, you want to watch your team's game and it's not on ABC or ESPN? Check the conference's channel, if your provider carries it. Wait, it's not on the conference's channel? Oh! I forgot to mention, that game is carried on your team's own channel! Hope your provider ponies up the cash for it!

It's quite a double edged sword, we'll just have to see how it plays out. But for now, subs that wanted it are happy. :)

All sports are headed for PPV, which is the way it should be, just a matter of time.

NightRyder

Exactly, that's why this isn't a good thing. This was the firewall. This was the line that had to be held. Now the precedent has been set. That's what this was about, precedent. You should've thought of these things when you were demanding BTN. You were also demanding a 25 cents for the other 8 conferences.

All sports are headed for PPV, which is the way it should be, just a matter of time.

NightRyder

Clearly, that's not the case. BTN wouldn't allow it. No other league would allow it either. If sports were all forced on PPV, players salaries would be chopped in half.

Exactly, that's why this isn't a good thing. This was the firewall. This was the line that had to be held. Now the precedent has been set. That's what this was about, precedent. You should've thought of these things when you were demanding BTN. You were also demanding a 25 cents for the other 8 conferences.

I was not demanding BTN, I honestly didn't care either way if it was added. I'm a sports fan, but I can only take so much. If I miss an OSU game or two, oh well. Major games will be carried on ABC or ESPN anyway. But I understand what you're saying. :)

I was not demanding BTN, I honestly didn't care either way if it was added. I'm a sports fan, but I can only take so much. If I miss an OSU game or two, oh well. Major games will be carried on ABC or ESPN anyway. But I understand what you're saying. :)

I agree, and as for the Michigan-App State game. There have been a few UofM games that haven't been televised. If there was no BTN, that might not have been televised. It was a Div 1-AA team for crying out loud. Fortunately, it didn't matter to me.

:):)I WAS ACTUALLY AT THE GAME!!!!!!!:):)

When are we going to get the SEC, ACC, Big 12, Pac 10 and Big East channels?

Just wait, Comcast is already in talks with the SEC to start a channel in 08. I will look forward to that channel as well, even though I am a Big Ten fan. The more sports on tv the better for me, bad for my wife but she has Lifetime and LMN.

I agree, and as for the Michigan-App State game. There have been a few UofM games that haven't been televised. If there was no BTN, that might not have been televised. It was a Div 1-AA team for crying out loud. Fortunately, it didn't matter to me.

:):)I WAS ACTUALLY AT THE GAME!!!!!!!:):)

as a meeeeechigan fan, or mountaineer? either it was a great day or a day worth forgetting

GO BUCKEYES