Dish Launches Big 10 Network

YEEEEE HAWWWWW they will carry HD games!!

Big Ten Network

DISH Network recognizes how important Big Ten games are to our customers, and we are pleased to have reached an agreement with the Big Ten Network so we may continue offering our customers the best in college and all sports," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of programming for DISH Network. "Additionally, when we launch the HD simulcast of the Big Ten Network next week, our customers will receive even more HD programming at the best value."

uhhhhh ohhhhhh some badnews toooo
DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America's Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions.

uhhhhh ohhhhhh some badnews toooo
DISH Network customers nationwide who subscribe to America's Top 100 and higher will find the Big Ten Network on Channel 439. Customers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to preview the network until early 2008. At that time, the channel will be carried on America's Top 100 Plus service within the eight states with Big Ten institutions.

That's exactly what BTN was asking for, they dont care if people out side the BT states have to purchase it on a sports tier. Which makes sense. Games that were free in BT states before BTN will still be available with no additional cost in those states. People outside those states will have to pay, just like purchasing the game plan in the past.
I have no heart burn with that.

That's exactly what BTN was asking for, they dont care if people out side the BT states have to purchase it on a sports tier. Which makes sense. Games that were free in BT states before BTN will still be available with no additional cost in those states. People outside those states will have to pay, just like purchasing the game plan in the past.
I have no heart burn with that.

First of all, it's completely disigenous for BTN to use the word "FREE" here. Nothing about this is "FREE".

The article mentioned 2 game will be in HD this Saturday on 9467. The 11am CST Ohio St.-Akron game and the 7pm CST Iowa-Syracuse game.

Go HAWKS in HD!:up

I am surprised. Maybe I should not be but I a m---pleasantly so.

I checked my guide after reading the press release linked in Juan's post. 9467, which, according to the release will be showing the Iowa/Syracuse game in HD Saturday night, lists Perfume and Freedom Writers as PPV at that time. I'm leaving for the weekend tomorrow night. How can I set my DVR to record the game if the guide isn't updated before I leave?

First of all, it's completely disigenous for BTN to use the word "FREE" here. Nothing about this is "FREE".

Free in this context, meant people in Indiana could watch IU and Purdue games on a local channel for free. They will not have to pay extra, meaning purchase a sports package if they live in one of the BT states. The cable companies will pay, but who cares, Comcast made over 3 billion (with a b) in profits last year.

Free in this context, meant people in Indiana could watch IU and Purdue games on a local channel for free. They will not have to pay extra, meaning purchase a sports package if they live in one of the BT states. The cable companies will pay, but who cares, Comcast made over 3 billion (with a b) in profits last year.

Dont be so sure about that. The way some people are talking around here, Charlie himself might come to each and every one of our houses with a knive demanding $1,383 per subscriber per year for this new channel he's blessed us with. He'll say, hey I gotta cover costs somehow and this makes more sense than a rate hike.

Just messing around, im so excited for BTN, this made my day. :)

Big Ten in HD on E*

I just recieved this email.

DISH Network, the Leader in College Sports, Adds Big Ten Network

Games in High-Definition Available This Weekend

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and CHICAGO, Sep 6, 2007 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) --

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) and its DISH Network(r) satellite TV service today announced the launch of the Big Ten Network.

"DISH Network recognizes how important Big Ten games are to our customers, and we are pleased to have reached an agreement with the Big Ten Network so we may continue offering our customers the best in college and all sports," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of programming for DISH Network. "Additionally, when we launch the HD simulcast of the Big Ten Network next week, our customers will receive even more HD programming at the best value."

Big Ten Network President Mark Silverman said: "It's great to add DISH Network to our growing list of distribution partners because it offers another important choice for our fans. DISH Network continues to enhance its HD sports lineup, and we're going to produce more events in HD than any new network in television history. We look forward to working closely with DISH Network to bring more and more viewers to the Big Ten Network."

DISH Network will broadcast two games in high-definition Saturday on Channel 9467, including Akron @ Ohio State (12:00 p.m. ET) and Syracuse @ Iowa (8:00 p.m. ET), and officially launch the HD simulcast of the Big Ten Network the following week.

DISH Network customers enjoy comprehensive football coverage, including the NFL Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPNU, CSTV, CBS, NBC and ABC. Fans who can't make it to the games will feel like they're watching from the sidelines with DISH Network's industry-leading DishHD and unparalleled picture clarity. The leader in high-definition, DISH Network offers 39 national HD channels including NFL Network HD and ESPN HD, as well as HD local channels in more than 50 percent of U.S. households. DishHD is available free for six months to new customers, and new DISH Network subscribers may also receive a free upgrade to the company's industry-leading and award-winning HD DVR receivers, providing instant replays via a 10-second skip back function.

Clearly, that's not the case. BTN wouldn't allow it. No other league would allow it either. If sports were all forced on PPV, players salaries would be chopped in half.

Salary of a college athlete $0. 1/2 of $0 is...still $0.

:
Dont be so sure about that. The way some people are talking around here, Charlie himself might come to each and every one of our houses with a knive demanding $1,383 per subscriber per year for this new channel he's blessed us with. He'll say, hey I gotta cover costs somehow and this makes more sense than a rate hike.

Just messing around, im so excited for BTN, this made my day. :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) that says it all.........

why, pay your $5 a month and shut up! If this was the SEC channel I like this deal, the only people who want this channel are states that have Big 10 teams like me (WISCONSIN). Not too many people out-of-market will want this channel. if they do it's sure cheaper than ESPN GamePlan!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts