DISH launches OnTech Smart Services, a new direct-to-consumer smart home solutions brand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I used and recommended ESET for years and was always happy with it. Since Windows 10 came along with Windows Defender now being so robust I see no need for a third party anti virus anymore. Besides that Windows doesn't seem to like third party AV software much anymore either. :)

I would still recommend a third party anti-virus and malware suite for a corporate environment, though :)

I don't have any issues with ESET + Windows 10 Professional

I would still recommend a third party anti-virus and malware suite for a corporate environment, though :)

I don't have any issues with ESET + Windows 10 Professional

I use Windows 10 Pro as well and it seems that every time there's an update or problem the first thing they tell you is to remove all third party AV software. :)

I've seen Norton and MacAfee expand from useful little programs years ago to huge bloatware borg like things that bog down almost any computer. IMHO they're worse than useless.

Agreed.

As of right now, I have not run into the issue of Windows asking to remove third-party AV software after updates.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I want a service provider/tech who is trained with a specific skillset, not a company trying to side hustle by cross-training satellite techs to do home networking and IT. Not saying you couldn't do it well, HipKat but I haven't met a Dish tech yet who knows much about networking.
On-tech isn't Satellite techs side hustling anyone. The Vans will say On-Tech as will the uniforms. I agree with you about the actual Geek Squad being undertrained kids, but everything Ontech is doing at this point is things we already do. NExt, Ring, Mesh Systems, etc.

My one experience with Dish Protect Smart Services was handled very well. I asked if Webroot would work well with Norton on my computers. He answered immediately and said they coexist well. I then installed Webroot since it was provided as part of the Dish Protect Gold and it has worked fine.
The Dish Tech Advisor app on my phone has a bunch of articles that are pretty simplistic. Such as “How to connect your Smart TV to internet” , “Using ICloud Keychain to remember your Passwords” , “An easier way to share your location” , etc.
For some people those articles may be helpful. Keep in mind that SatelliteGuys users tend to be more tech savvy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Norton??? Yuk!! Double Yuk, actually.

I used and recommended ESET for years and was always happy with it. Since Windows 10 came along with Windows Defender now being so robust I see no need for a third party anti virus anymore. Besides that Windows doesn't seem to like third party AV software much anymore either. :)
Windows Defender is all I use anymore, with MB Pro, although I'm going to go 100% VPN, as soon as I figure out which is the best one with the best options for me

Before updates. Just take a look at tenforums.com at some of the threads of folks having trouble getting the 1903 update.
Sorry for the multi-posts and getting off topic...

I did 1093 this weekend. I like it. Watching the walk through video, there's a lot of good things under the hood, like separating search form Cortana and enhancing it to include more and better results form the internet

Reactions: JSheridan
Sorry for the multi-posts and getting off topic...

I did 1093 this weekend. I like it. Watching the walk through video, there's a lot of good things under the hood, like separating search form Cortana and enhancing it to include more and better results form the internet

Yea, I got 1903 last month and it's been good for me too.

I see some of the horror stories about it at tenforums.com and it's scary though. :eeek

And you think it's your job to fix everyone's issues? Get over yourself.

00C84197-5CBA-4350-B251-175382CFC2AD.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)