DISH Long Term Customers

Hideftv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
WV
i am a long term DirecTV customer and I am considering switching to DISH after 21+ years. How does DISH treat long term customers as far as equipment upgrades?

Let's see, I've been with Dish for for over 17 years. Other than my original install, I have been getting free upgraded equipment many, many times. Yeah, I had to give them 2 years but I was going to do that anyway....

i am a long term DirecTV customer and I am considering switching to DISH after 21+ years. How does DISH treat long term customers as far as equipment upgrades?
Well I'm only in 6 months with Dish, and was Offered H3 with 4K joey and 4 Regular joeys for $50.

It's essentially an entire new system.
I only have one Joey That will remain .
The Hopper1 ,Hopper2,and Joey 1.0 ,211z will all be swapped out and I decided to add one room.

Not to Mention the Price lock for 18 more months that saves me $27 per month.
$24 when I upgrade to the Hopper 3

Plus $10 HBO until who know when.
$5 Movie pack
$7.50 Showtime
$5 Cinemax .
Seriously who gets offered all of this when you are fairly new under contract.
Not Directv.
I had to wait a Year just to get a C31 at no cost, and Sports pack free for 3 months seems to be all they ever offer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like a better experience than what I am getting where I am now. I have no problem with 2 year commitments.

Well I'm only in 6 months with Dish, and was Offered H3 with 4K joey and 4 Regular joeys for $50.

It's essentially an entire new system.
I only have one Joey That will remain .
The Hopper1 ,Hopper2,and Joey 1.0 ,211z will all be swapped out and I decided to add one room.

Not to Mention the Price lock for 18 more months that saves me $27 per month.
$24 when I upgrade to the Hopper 3

Plus $10 HBO until who know when.
$5 Movie pack
$7.50 Showtime
$5 Cinemax .
Seriously who gets offered all of this when you are fairly new under contract.
Not Directv.
I had to wait a Year just to get a C31 at no cost, and Sports pack free for 3 months seems to be all they ever offer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I cannot get anything from DirecTV. I had to threaten to cancel about 2.5 years ago to get a Genie and that was with my account showing and an email from them saying I qualified for a free upgrade with the protection plan. Should have probably canceled then.

I cannot get anything from DirecTV. I had to threaten to cancel about 2.5 years ago to get a Genie and that was with my account showing and an email from them saying I qualified for a free upgrade with the protection plan. Should have probably canceled then.
You can get unlimited data for your cellphone now

I've been with dish for over 10 years. I just upgraded to the hopper, kept my top 200 programming and was able to get 10 months for 70 bucks per month (before taxes). No contract, upgrade and install was free and he even threw in the OTA adaptor for free. I did spend over an hour negotiating though. They've always been good to me.

Reactions: BnT.atl and Tampa8
I've been with dish for over 10 years. I just upgraded to the hopper, kept my top 200 programming and was able to get 10 months for 70 bucks per month (before taxes). No contract, upgrade and install was free and he even threw in the OTA adaptor for free. I did spend over an hour negotiating though. They've always been good to me.

Nice!!

I have been a Dish customer for 16+ years. I called today and was able to get a full upgrade. Getting rid of my 722k and 512. Will now have Hopper 3 and two Joey 2.0's. Equipment and installation is free. I also got a $50 discount per month for 12 months, and Netflix free for one year. Feeling pretty good right now. :)

Been watching all the comments on the new Hopper. When it's all said and done, the bottom line is your still watching the same old TV. Sure the 16 tuners are nice if you need them, but my two Hoppers are enough for me. The storage on my two Hoppers far exceed what I'll ever need.

I'm still waiting for the dust to settle about the new Hopper. I'm considering going to Comcast. (Gulp). I'm now paying them $70 a month just for 25 meg Internet. I need my internet. My phone is with Vonage, $13 a month. A double play with Comcast (TV and Internet) will be a lot of money saved.

If I do this, I'll surely miss my Hoppers. But damn, this s#%t is costing a lot of money. They got us by the b*lls. I had enough. My contract is up for my Verizon cell phones this month. Gonna make some changes there too. It's a shame I'm paying them all this money and I have to stand on my porch to talk to someone in the cold just to get reception. And my $13 Vonage phones work perfect.

Reactions: stardust3
I have been a Dish customer for 16+ years. I called today and was able to get a full upgrade. Getting rid of my 722k and 512. Will now have Hopper 3 and two Joey 2.0's. Equipment and installation is free. I also got a $50 discount per month for 12 months, and Netflix free for one year. Feeling pretty good right now. :)
Wow!!

Wow...are you sure that you didn't have to sign a new 2-year contract? I ask because from everything I have read on these forums, it seems like the only way to get the new hopper system is to commit to a new 2-year contract. Did you negotiate with a DIRT member? Online chat? Over the phone?

When the installer was there did he have you sign anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts