DISH loses 4 more HD channels - 3 Return

Multi DVR's

What equipment that equals the 722 would cost $300?

It was more than 1 HD DVR's & they wanted to charge me like close to the $300. It may be less now but this was a while back. They also pulled this on my brother who was with them when he wanted to upgrade. So I went w/ the 722k w/ OTA module.

It was more than 1 HD DVR's & they wanted to charge me like close to the $300. It may be less now but this was a while back. They also pulled this on my brother who was with them when he wanted to upgrade. So I went w/ the 722k w/ OTA module.

At one time D* was asking $200 for an additional HD DVR. Currently, the first additional one seems to be only $100. If you needed two past the first, I guess it might be $300.

I checked yesterday with Direct and for 2 HD DVR's plus 2 HD receivers, whole house MRV - cheapest programming package (No locals available) the up front cost on the website was about $450 and $55 per month for 1 year, then it jumped to $95/month.

Currently pay $61.02/month for HDAbsolute with locals 3-211's and 1-722k.

NEVER MIND!

No Disney or ABC Fam on HD Absolute

I "chatted" with a CSR today about why i'm not getting Disney and ABC Fam. I thought I'd share the transcript. Starts off with one rep misleading me (in my opinion) about the availability (though he did not say it was HD content that was available and I admittedly didn't know I was on the "HD only" package).
---
[FONT=&quot]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Welcome to Dish Network. To better assist you with your buying experience and ensure that we can contact you in case this session gets disconnected, please provide your phone number using this format 999–999–9999.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: Hi![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: Thank you for logging in. My name is Lot. How can I help you place an order online?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: hi, are you now able to offer ABC Family and Disney or are you still restricting those?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: let me check these channels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: We offer these channels, you can have these if you will get the America's top 120 package at a discounted price for $24.99 for 12 months.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: they show up on the package description, but I was told there were issues between you and ABC/Disney and you were not currently broadcasting them. has that changed?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: No, we offer these channels. There are no issues about these, all our customers can get these channels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: I will be more than willing to build the order for you and set up your TV services with the package and equipment of your choice. We can check on the earliest installation date to get you started as soon as possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: To see what services are available in your area, can I please get your full name, complete address and phone number? Please indicate if you live in a house or in an apartment[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: I am already a subscriber, but am not able to get those channels. That's why I'm asking. So you are saying you are broadcasting those channels?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: Yes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: Can i have your account number?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: one minute[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: Okay. Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: had to log in to get it.############[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] (01) Lot C.7LI: Please hold on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: Thank you for waiting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI: I apologize,I do not have the access to your account. Please hold while I transfer you to Customer Care Chat, and a representative will assist you with your request.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](01) Lot C.7LI has left the session.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please wait while we find an agent from the (03) Customer Service department to assist you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. I will be happy to assist you today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Your patience is greatly appreciated.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: How can I provide you with the best value and service today?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: are you now able to offer ABC Family and Disney or are you still restricting those?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Give me a moment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: ok[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: I apologize for the inconvenience. Disney and ESPN Networks, the owner of Disney Channel, Disney XD, ABC Family and ESPNews is preventing us from providing these channels to you in high definition. Although the HD versions of these channels are currently unavailable, you can still watch your favorite show in standard definition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: Two things. The other rep misinformed me when he said: "No, we offer these channels. There are no issues about these, all our customers can get these channels."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: and 2. I'm not able to get them in SD. and my 13yo daughter is not letting me forget about it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: Can you see why I don't see them on my guide?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Let me check.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: For security purposes, can you please verify the PIN on the account?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: ####[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Please give me 2 minutes while I pull up your account and assist you further.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: As I see your account you have only HD package.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: If you switch to SD you will get the above channels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: I don't want to switch back to SD only. I get a lot of channels in SD. Some are in both HD and SD, some are just HD. Can't you just send me those in SD until you work out the kinks with Disney?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Give me a moment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: I am sorry to say.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Well you have to change to SD as these are available only in SD.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: That's ridiculous.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: You actually expect a customer to change from HD to SD only??[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: As you have Dish HD absolute you can change to america top 200 and you can receive the channels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: What about HD content?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: All the channels will remain in HD.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: Apart from that the channels you asked will be in SD.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: SO you can send me those in both formats, but not on my current package? Sounds a bit fishy to me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](03h2) John Y.76L: The package you have is only for HD channels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patrick Faherty: Yet all the channels are received on my end in both formats. Except Disney which I'm not getting at all.[/FONT]
Patrick Faherty: ok, I give up. This is too complicated. I'll take a look at what DirectTV and my local cable co. are offering. Thanks for the info.

The CSR's don't know jack squat. I keep bothering them for $5 discounts on my monthly Dish America Bill since they are not providing them in SD like they "say they are, then say they aren't." It's not much, but at least I am not paying for the channels I am not getting. The only leg I have to argue on is that Disney removed them, not Dish (as they have the 'authority to do in their contract'), so I find Dish at fault for not rectifying my account for at least the SD versions. Too bad those are the three channels we watched most and would gladly accept them in SD (like all our other channels that come in both) to watchon our TV2 connection.

Dish adds Cooking Channel HD which is almost all stretched and then they add AMC HD which is mostly just commercials and still after two months the Disney channels are not back in HD.

Sorry but Nickelodeon just does not cut it. First they show way too many repeats. The last new iCarly was a month ago. Before that a month ago again. Victorious has not been new in two months. Second Nick at Nite comes on too early. It ends up getting a extra hour hear and then. First last year Nickelodeon lost 8 PM to Nick at Nite. Then it lost 9 PM on Fridays. Now recently it lost 8 PM on Sundays also in the mornings Nick at Nite gained a extra hour and now ends at 7 AM. At least Disney channel is on 24/7 and I don't want to hear that kids are not up that late. Some are and I know many that don't go to bed at 8 PM.

Disney channel on the other hand has been showing a original movie every month during the summer and many of there sitcoms have been new episodes with new ones for a bunch of weeks in a row. It is summer now so the kids are out of school.

Also I don't want to hear from some of you who say you are 33 and still watch kids programs. First I suffer from mental problems and second of all it is good to watch a show and not have to hear cussing from the more adult programs. Also yes I do watch some of the adult programs like Eureka and Warehouse 13 etc but do get tired of the adult language at times. I watch nothing on the premium channels thou. Those shows are just one F word after another.

Anyway to conclude I just want Dish Network to add those channels that they took away. If they add ESPNU for those who likes sports then it is a bonus for those who like it.

Dish adds Cooking Channel HD which is almost all stretched and then they add AMC HD which is mostly just commercials and still after two months the Disney channels are not back in HD.

Sorry but Nickelodeon just does not cut it. First they show way too many repeats. The last new iCarly was a month ago. Before that a month ago again. Victorious has not been new in two months. Second Nick at Nite comes on too early. It ends up getting a extra hour hear and then. First last year Nickelodeon lost 8 PM to Nick at Nite. Then it lost 9 PM on Fridays. Now recently it lost 8 PM on Sundays also in the mornings Nick at Nite gained a extra hour and now ends at 7 AM. At least Disney channel is on 24/7 and I don't want to hear that kids are not up that late. Some are and I know many that don't go to bed at 8 PM.

Disney channel on the other hand has been showing a original movie every month during the summer and many of there sitcoms have been new episodes with new ones for a bunch of weeks in a row. It is summer now so the kids are out of school.

Also I don't want to hear from some of you who say you are 33 and still watch kids programs. First I suffer from mental problems and second of all it is good to watch a show and not have to hear cussing from the more adult programs. Also yes I do watch some of the adult programs like Eureka and Warehouse 13 etc but do get tired of the adult language at times. I watch nothing on the premium channels thou. Those shows are just one F word after another.

Anyway to conclude I just want Dish Network to add those channels that they took away. If they add ESPNU for those who likes sports then it is a bonus for those who like it.

You say you want to watch Disney for you love the shows.Well what's stopping you? It's still available, only in sd. You seem more concerned in not geting it which you are rather than being upset you can no longer get it in hd.
so tell me what's the problem then? watch Disney all you want on channels 172 or 173. Same with ABC family it's still there at 180. The shwos the same in either format and you just seemed again only interested in the content.

Ron

The channels still exist, just not in HD. And Disney hardly shows "original" movies.

TCM HD just had a Margaret O'Brien marathon so there are certainly more options for clean entertainment for kids than the marketing whore that is Disney.

well since there was both a thread linking this one (that got deleted after the fact) and you posted (and deleted) about searching, I figured its easier to just merge them together :)

I didnt know there would be an issue merging threads :rolleyes:

TCM is not really in HD. It never shows HD on the logo. I do hope that TCM goes true HD soon.
TCM shows movies that are upwards of 70 years old. That they look sharp on an HDTV means they have done a remarkable job improving the quality of the movies. I would never expect TCM to be "true" HD, but they certainly look better in "HD"!

He means TCM is just upconverting their SD feed currently.

Once those 70 year old movies are converted to HD from the original film stock (which has a much higher resolution) they should look great.

The channels still exist, just not in HD. And Disney hardly shows "original" movies.

TCM HD just had a Margaret O'Brien marathon so there are certainly more options for clean entertainment for kids than the marketing whore that is Disney.

IF the disney channels dont exist in HD then why in the hell am I watching them on my D* system!:up

Pretend that the HD channels arnt there. When they really are.

TCM shows movies that are upwards of 70 years old. That they look sharp on an HDTV means they have done a remarkable job improving the quality of the movies. I would never expect TCM to be "true" HD, but they certainly look better in "HD"!

My understanding was that anything on film can be converted to HD to great effect (i.e. film has way more resolution than HD). It is true, and even admitted to by the provider, that TCM-HD does not yet broadcast movies in true HD, but they claim that they are working towards that goal.

You are correct that even the upconverts look way better than SD, but that's besides the point.

And if I'm wrong about my "understanding" (which could easily be the case) then please set me straight. :)

IF the disney channels dont exist in HD then why in the hell am I watching them on my D* system!:up

Pretend that the HD channels arnt there. When they really are.

Were you trying to make a joke?

Obviously, he was saying they don't exist on Dish in HD, but is making the point the channels do indeed exist in SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)