DISH loses 4 more HD channels - 3 Return

DodgerKing said:
That's fair. We will wait and see what the final rounds will get. If the US is in, the ratings will be high. If the US is out, I would not be surprised if the ratings are actually lower than that of the first round
the world series would have lower ratings if new york and Philly weren't in it. especially new york.
NBA finals also have lower ratings if LA vs Boston isn't the matchup

2 OTA & 2 sat. Sometime it is all 4 of the big 4, sometime it's local PBS & or CW neither of these are carried over sat here. I use single mode on my 722k and output component to 1 TV & HDMI to the other. It will take 2 DVR's to do this w/ D*. The SD output only goes to my DVD recorder(not the coax). Your $15 is only $6 for me w/ my setup.
I realize that. But you mentioned equipment fees for 2 HD DVRs. If you want the same setup, you do not need 2 HD DVRS, you only need an extra SD DVR since your second TV is SD.

Directv subs just pay an extra $10.00 per programming pack to subsidize the NFL Sunday Ticket whether they want to or not.

dish subscribers pay an extra $5 per month in the silver and gold packages for 'local sports' whether they want them or not. The base bronze package is the only option that excludes them.

They also pay $5 per month for locals, only 4 of which are in HD, whether they need them or not.

In the end, directv actually looks to be a better deal if you get a higher package, while dish is the better deal if you stick with the barebones bronze package. Directv takes the win if you need more receivers.

In the end, I give the edge to directv in value right now, but not by much. If I could remove local sports and local channels from the gold package and get the base gold package for $55 per month, I'd give the edge to dish, at least for the one receiver I've got.

Actually ALL of DISH's programming packs are cheaper than DIRECTV's no matter which one you choose. Two of the lowest packs are cheaper than the lowest programming pack that DIRECTV has.

DISH Top 120 - $ 39.99 Vs No comparable pack
DISH Top 200 - $ 54.99 Vs Choice pack - $58.99
DISH Top 250 - $ 64.99 Vs Choice extra - $68.99

DISH's AEP added to the multi-sports pack is still , cheaper than DIRECTV's Premier pack by at least $8.00 a month.

DISH AEP $99.99 + multi sports $7.00=$106.99
DIRECTV Premier pack $114.99

So in comparing DISH to DIRECTV on programming DISH wins hands down in all basic programming packs. Now if you compare Additional receiver fees , DIRECTV wins hands down, $5.00 per additional receiver vs the complicated FEE gouging prices DISH has set for their various receiver classes. The dual tuner dvrs are the worst at $17.00 per extra dual tuner dvr.

It isn't

I realize that. But you mentioned equipment fees for 2 HD DVRs. If you want the same setup, you do not need 2 HD DVRS, you only need an extra SD DVR since your second TV is SD.

It isn't SD. I use component & HDMI. I have 2 HDTV's I said the only thing I have that uses SD is my DVD recorder and I use composite for it. Start reading closer to what I'm saying. For me to do the same thing my 722k dose I would have to have 2 HD DVR'S I watch less than 5% SD anytime ever. :eek:

whatchel1 said:
It isn't SD. I use component & HDMI. I have 2 HDTV's I said the only thing I have that uses SD is my DVD recorder and I use composite for it. Start reading closer to what I'm saying. For me to do the same thing my 722k dose I would have to have 2 HD DVR'S I watch less than 5% SD anytime ever. :eek:

You can do the same with the direct dvr's

Doesn't make sense 4 me

You can do the same with the direct dvr's

I just figured it out again. $124, $75 per mnth for the 1st yr then it goes up in the 2nd yr. to $99 and can't get locals from them. I'm paying 67 per month now and and there are only a few more chs in the package than I get w/ Absolute. So it makes no sense at all for me to do this plus have to pay an ETF. ! final thing my Panny plasma doesn't have PIP so I would lose that as well.

Last edited:
hemi used to be quite the D* and HRx hater, so the HR24 must be pretty good if if pleases him lol
The pleasing comes from no channel drops and no random fee increases.:)

I still hate HR's atleast 95% of them.
My old owned HR 20 is good, But not a fan of the HR23.

I got to use an HR24, and that about the best HD DVR D* ever had.

I just figured it out again. $124, $75 per mnth for the 1st yr then it goes up in the 2nd yr. to $99 and can't get locals from them. I'm paying 67 per month now and and there are only a few more chs in the package than I get w/ Absolute. So it makes no sense at all for me to do this plus have to pay an ETF. ! final thing my Panny plasma doesn't have PIP so I would lose that as well.
You can't get locals? Locals are included in all packages

The pleasing comes from no channel drops and no random fee increases.:)

I still hate HR's atleast 95% of them.
My old owned HR 20 is good, But not a fan of the HR23.

I got to use an HR24, and that about the best HD DVR D* ever had
Can't be true. HR24 just suck a little less than the others. ;)

Dogerking,
Locals are NOT including in all packages. I have the Absolute package only+RDTV and the must carries-arts, pentagon, EWTN, etc; and do not recieve the
guide information for them. I recieve my locals via free-to-air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)