DISH loses 4 more HD channels - 3 Return

no worries. There are some packages out there that locals are extra. But the packages as of 6/3 automatically give you locals

With my 250/gold/plat/HD/HBO pkg, grandfathered w/o locals, may I safely assume that dropping HBO would not force the addition of locals, but moving up to AEP would?

U still don't understand

You can't get locals? Locals are included in all packages

D* doesn't carry my locals period and so when I look up on their site it tells me I can't get local TV channels. They don't tell me that I can get them from another location so it is assumed I'm not going to get the networks. :rant:

depending on market you might be able to qualify for distants from NY or LA

use this link to see
Enter Address

I pulled a market that isnt on D* (Great Falls, MT and Glendive, MT) and both say you can get DNS

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 117
maybe in 14 months

depending on market you might be able to qualify for distants from NY or LA

use this link to see
Enter Address

I pulled a market that isnt on D* (Great Falls, MT and Glendive, MT) and both say you can get DNS

I may look into this in 14 months when I'm no longer under contract. Who know by then D* will have an even better HD DVR than E*.

whatchel1 said:
Dodgerking is talking about the HR24 and I am too. I get PIP w/ my 722k. That is an advantage. People start reading what is being said and don't assume here.

OK. But cut me some slack. I'm here at Johns Hopkins on an iPhone as my son undergoes a 6-7 hour plus cancer operation. We're not all perfect.

D* doesn't carry my locals period and so when I look up on their site it tells me I can't get local TV channels. They don't tell me that I can get them from another location so it is assumed I'm not going to get the networks. :rant:
You may then qualify for DBN from LA or NY.

Or if you can get OTA feed, you can use an HR20 (which has a built in OTA tuner) or get an AM21 (an external OTA tuner) add on for the other DVR models.

I may look into this in 14 months when I'm no longer under contract. Who know by then D* will have an even better HD DVR than E*.
The HR24 is right up there with the VIPs. It does only have 2 tuners and no PIP (which sounds like something you are really interested in). I do not think that Direct will ever do PIP.

Which TV market are you in? They have announced several new HD markets for the coming year.

Thoughts and prayers here too Navy. I would be very interested in his story when you feel like posting.

People that have the HR24, what is so different than the other Direct Hd dvr?? Response??

Out of surgery after about 6 hrs. Went well. Might have some slight weakness in one leg. Might not. If so, muscles will compensate, looks like no big deal. Cancer appears to be gone now. It'll be at least a week for results. 5 years of followups

TKS to all. Sorry for hijack of thread

The HR24 is right up there with the VIPs. .
Better then the Vip 612,
Not as good as the 722, and a far cry from a 922.

The HR 24 is not as fast IMHO as the 722, And I still notice it still has that, "I'm not sure what your asking me to do" Remote responce while changing channels.
But only on occation.:)
Still the Best D* HR I've used.
Would I pay $199 for it ?
NO way!

HR 24 is not that great to make me want to run right out and get one,
I guess I would expect more after 10 years of Making DVRs and the are still 5 years behind
the VIPs .
I guess thats why I think its sad.

But don't get offended D* fans

The Vip 922 didn't impress me enough over the 722 to pay $200 either.:eek:
As far as E* goes they can take the 922 and Sling it you know where.:rant:

ESPN News

I have an all HD package. I started getting the SD version of ESPN News today. Does anyone else that has an all HD package now get the SD version of ESPN News? I wonder if they will also give us the other SD versions of the other 3 channels we lost.

The HR 24 is not as fast IMHO as the 722
Really? Side by side with the 722 I don't really notice an appreciable difference in speed for the guide and DVR list.

ViP has better recording options, more tuners with OTA, Picture-in-Picture, a better external HD storage option, and a "prettier" UI.

The HR24 has better Internet integration for pulling down online content, and network-based multi-room viewing is a massive advantage. Record on any DVR, watch on any HD receiver. Quality is perfect, and the delay on navigation (pause/rew/ff) is barely noticeable.

Overall the ViP series is the better unit, but the networked DVRs is such a huge game changer...

So how long do we all expect the negotiation for these channels is going to take? A week, a month, forever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts