DISH "Loves" Rural America

I'm not getting these channels. Unplugged receiver and in addition to "acquiring signal" I also got a "program download" screen. Normally, I don't get the program download unless I do a check switch.

I'm not getting these channels. Unplugged receiver and in addition to "acquiring signal" I also got a "program download" screen. Normally, I don't get the program download unless I do a check switch.

Assuming you have a package that has this channel...... are you looking at a favorites list? If so it will need to be added to see it.
Or switch to "All channels" or "My Channels".

Assuming you have a package that has this channel...... are you looking at a favorites list? If so it will need to be added to see it.
Or switch to "All channels" or "My Channels".

I've toggled between the My Channels and All Channels - on one of my receivers RURAL is showing in red, meaning I'm not subbed to it. But, I already get RFD-TV - subbed a la carte. Do I need to sub to the Heartland Package? Typically, new channels are free for everyone for a month or so, aren't they?

Is RURAL TV ONLY available by subbing to the appropriate package, like Heartland? Is it not typical for DISH to show such newly-launched channels to everyone for a month or so? They did this with GMC last Fall.

eacalhoun said:
Is RURAL TV ONLY available by subbing to the appropriate package, like Heartland? Is it not typical for DISH to show such newly-launched channels to everyone for a month or so? They did this with GMC last Fall.

They haven't put Rural into free preview yet. I get it with AT250 and I do not sub to Heartland.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Sorry to tag onto a fairly old thread - - but I'm thinking of adding the Heartland Pack to my Welcome Pack.

Can someone confirm or deny that any of the 5 channels in the Heartland Pack are indeed in HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)