Dish messing with Voom, All are now HD-Lite 1280x1080i: Discuss this issue HERE!

The problem with that is they charge you to change your packages. So say I drop it take the service charge and then voila they get it fixed and I have to pay again...that would suck

Vurbano we are going to do everything in our power, but cancelling right now before CES is not the right thing to do

wait until what they show for CES, complain a week or 2 and then let the cancelling begin(if everything is not jiving)

-Gary

I agree with Gary and Scott. Wait till CES. They really should have it right by then. Several months ago Sean had a group of us who were going to help DISH and VOOM monitor picture quality in the field but that died before it even began. I for one, want to believe and will give the benefit of a doubt. In any case, Scott will be at CES to yell "Foul...Get those VOOM channels on steriods Now."

Scott if Dish does indeed wish to screw us with HD-Lite, please, I beg you, call them out on it at CES in front of press, if this is their plan(still after our complaints)then you may be our last hope

I think Dish is going to do the right thing though, the cutback of Voom is what makes me think that, unless they did that in favor of HD Locals for those mpeg4 LIL's

-Gary

Great, Thanks Guys !! ;)

Today is the first day since the 3rd that I have seen header changes and etc., so you know they are doing something right now, maybe we will see something change or lite up late this evening/early morning

-Gary

Hokie and Scott, ya'll just throw yourselfs in the floor and start crying in front of Dish at CES. They'll say damn them satelliteguys are some crazy mother f*****s!!!!

See if they are showing some HD-Lite at CES and one of you take a alka seltzer and fake a seizure, then the other one say "OMG, he only has that reaction to downrezzed HD content! Dish must be showing HD-Lite!" then run out screaming. :)

SatinKzo said:
See if they are showing some HD-Lite at CES and one of you take a alka seltzer and fake a seizure, then the other one say "OMG, he only has that reaction to downrezzed HD content! Dish must be showing HD-Lite!" then run out screaming. :)
Thats some funny sh*t!!!!!!!

Gary Murrell said:
How many movie channels are there??
5??
Kung Fu
Monsters HD
GuyTV
Majestic
Family ??
Dish can do 3 True HD per transponder with "decent"(not ideal) results when using movie channels(putting 2 HD video and 1 Movie per Tp.), movie channels with Telecine flags can have wonderful results with 12/13 Mbps bitrate
Showtime and HBO on 110 are averaging 11/12 Mbps and often much less
We need 2 True HD per transponder though
Hokie the GalleryHD channel is 1280x1080i HD-Lite, my eyes tell me this by viewing it, they left the header at 1920x1080i
-Gary

There are 6. And looking back at the current allocation, that's exactly how they have it setup, 1 movie on a TP and 1 TP with 2 ;) so that may be it

BFG

what is the other(6th) movie channel besides these??, I only have 5 counted:

For 61.5 I have(movie channels listed first):

Tp. 1: Majestic/Rush/Gallery
Tp. 3: Guytv/News/Rave
Tp. 7: Monster/Animania/Equator
Tp. 9: Kung Fu/Sport/Treasure
Tp. 15: Family/Game/Ultra

-Gary

Last edited:
GalleryHD is back to 1280x1080i from its brief stint as 1920x1080i.

This is not promising at all. It looks like we are going to get 15 1280x1080i channels. But that makes no sense. Why only launch 15 instead of 21 if you are going to keep the same format?

Two weeks and two days till CES :)

Last edited:
Maybe the engineers are sitting there taking bets on how many posts their actions will cause at satguys. :p I can almost picture an engineer going "I'm in for $20 that Hokie chimes in on our resolution in under 20 minutes." :D :D

I'm going to be pissed as the next person but I think we will see 15 voom channels at 1280x720p come Jan9th. Ya'll can say what you will but I would almost guarantee thats what Dish will do.

President Of Dish Spoke The Truth

What is the cheapest alternative to get Voom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts