Dish model 6000

Actually I believe even unactivated, the OTA adapter WOULD actually function on these receivers, if someone was needing an ATSC HD digital tuner

I used to have an un-activated one in the showroom I used to use for digital locals.

Then when I sold a model 6000 I would replace it.

I know at one point dish got greedy and wrote software so if the box was not active the OTA locals would go dark and the DVR. I guess they realized people could still watch recordings and locals if they didn’t pay their bill and dish doesn’t like people who don’t pay their bill.

I know at one point dish got greedy and wrote software so if the box was not active the OTA locals would go dark and the DVR. I guess they realized people could still watch recordings and locals if they didn’t pay their bill and dish doesn’t like people who don’t pay their bill.

Why is that greed? They exist to make a profit, no?

What is a model 6000? Is that the single tuner OTA adapter for a VIP 722K?
if it is I think I still have 2 of them. I could be convinced to let them go for half what I paid for them if Claude is interested .

The 811 was pure garbage.

First time I ever got irritated and threw a receiver across the room and destroyed it because it wasn’t functioning properly.

Then only to get an RMA on the very same receiver and made Dish replace it under warranty :) HA HA

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Is that the single tuner OTA adapter for a VIP 722K?
if it is I think I still have 2 of them. I could be convinced to let them go for half what I paid for them if Claude is interested .
The MT2 module for the ViP722k is dual-tuner. There is no single-tuner version. How much did you pay for them? I might be interested in one.

I'm assuming that you have a 722K and want it for your own use?
Yes. I had to salvage the MT2 module out of my ViP722k and put it in a ViP222k for my dad to use. I also salvaged the working hard drive out of a failed Hopper Duo to install in the ViP722k (to replace its failing drive) so I got that part working again. Now I just need another MT2 module, and I will be back to having a fully-working ViP722k.

Reactions: TheKrell