Dish mounting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jfonman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
Ok I'm going to have to move my dish in order to get better signal on the 119 bird, this is assuming it's going to be used in the future. I've ordered the upgrade, new receiver and 5 lnb dish. The receiver showed up yesterday, still waiting on the supposed new dish. My questions are, does the new dish use the same kind of mount as the 3 lnb dish does? I haven't found a real good picture of how it mounts. And what's the maximum distance for the coax runs? Reason I ask about the mount is I have a couple extra ones and want to go ahead and get it ready for when/if the new one does show up, and, for the distance, I'm going to have to mount it to the back of the garage for clear los. Thanks in advance.

No, the 5 LNB dish does not use the same mounting bracket. It uses a 2" OD pole to mount, and is heavy enough that it requires two brace poles to support it (unless you do a pole and concrete mount).

The maximum distance from the dish to the receiver is supposed to be less than 125 feet, but some people have longer runs without any issues.

Bummer! Thanks IWC. I can only assume now that the proper mounts come with the dish, whenever it gets here. Just trying to save some time you know.
I figure where I need to mount it is goint to be right at 100 feet to the fartherest receiver, so I should be ok there. Thanks again.

No problem. The mounting pole should come with the dish, but depending upon where you ordered your dish from it may not come with the Azimuth/Elevation mounting bracket. Also, the brace poles are not generally included with the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)