Not seeing 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jfonman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
Ok, bear with me on this guys. For the past few weeks I've noticed my locals have be digitizing and dropping out completely. I thought maybe the dish might need to be moved a bit due to a tree that seemed to just spring up out of nowhere in a neighbors yard. No problem. Got it moved just fine, fired everything up and now, no locals at all. Got excellent signal on 101 and 110, but shows n/a on 119. Could it be the LNB has gone kaput? Equipment: triple LNB Direct dish, 2 regular receivers and 1 H10 HD receiver. Thanks for any help before I go try to find a new LNB.

:welcome

119 is the lowest and most notorious for getting blocked by a tree. You might need to trim or remove the tree or find another location. If on East Coast, looking out from the dish, 119 is coming from the lower right. Its the lowest on the horizon and is a tough one when there are trees around. Also make sure your wires are are properly coming into the multiswitch.

Make sure the wires are coming into the multiswitch properly???? Not meaning to sound dumb, whatcha talking about???? The center conductor?? Order on the switch??? Sorry.

The cables will come off the eyes or LNBs to a small box on the dish or if you have a separated one, a multiswitch which combines the eyes and outputs the signal to your receivers. Sometimes the wires can be bad, not connected to the combiner, or in the wrong order. I dont think thats your issue if you followed directions originally. Its probably a blocking tree.

Oh ok, I gotcha. It has the nuilt in multi switch. The cable from the recievers attach directly to the dish. They do go through a grounding block. Wonder if they could be causing trouble? The grounding blocks that is. Worse case is moving the dish to the back of the garage and running new cable. It's about 150 or so feet away from the furtherest receiver. Thanks for taking time from your Saturday Brewer!

I just came downstairs to read emails and I've posted like 50 times and started a major tips thread for HR20. Man I gotta do some chores and mow my lawn. Good luck with the dish. I dont think the grounding block is the problem unless its gone bad but I doubt it.

HAHAHA Honey dews!!!! Where wouold we be without them!!! I need to get some stuff done too. Thanks Brewer!!!

Ok, thanks for the help again Brewer. I moved the dish back to where it was initially and now I've got my 119 back. Weak and the locals are dropping out, but back none the less. So it's got to be a tree limb. I'm going to try tweaking it a bit more, but I kinda doubt that'll help. Going to probably have to set the new dish somewhere else when it arrives. Again, that's for the tips and info.

Tree trimmers are your friends. Try the phone company or electric provider. Somebody might help you cut some down. Looking from dish, on right low on horizon. Always here to help.

Well if it was only that easy! Bad thing is the trees aren't mine! Don't want neighbor wars!!! Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)