Dish named HD provider for Democratic Convention

The post is incorrect, the HD feed is also on 129.

It would make sense that the PQ is better because Dish is the originator of the programming, so there are less steps, and less conversions to produce digital artifacts.

With Uncle Teddy K, Jo Biden, Bill and Hillary there'll be plenty of artifacts to deal with.
BTY When will Dish sue or be sued by the DNC?
FYI It's got to be in SD because there's not enough compelling content.:)

Is this thread closed yet because of political content?

...And stop paying them. Virginia legislature meets for 45 days to get their work done since they don't get paid hansomely to bloviate, postulate, and obfuscate.

I disagree. Pay them handsomely to stay AWAY from the capitol. Give them so much vacation that they only work 4 days out of the session. Then maybe they'll not have enough time to screw us over.

Super HD Picture both on cnn hd and 211!!!

Actually while watching both the CNN HD feed and the HD feed on 211 I kept thinking about how much better 211 looked than CNN HD, and found myself wishing that Dish would up all their HD channels to the resolution, and bitrate that they are giving to this DNC08 HD channel.

PQ GREAT, AUDIO EH NOT SO GOOD.

The Quality overall of the Audio wasnt that great. I mean the speakers themselves were good quality but they had too much background noise. I mean any room with 20,000 people has background noise but they whoever had the cell phone should have been punched because it went off every 5 minutes it seemed. What was up with that? Did anyone else notice it?

Channel 211 HD is running at 6.69 Mbp/s
60 minutes of video is 3013MB.

CNN HD 200 is running at 6.84 Mbp/s
60 minutes of video is 3079MB.

Last edited:
Channel 211 HD is running at 6.69 Mbp/s
60 minutes of video is 3013MB.

CNN HD 200 is running at 6.84 Mbp/s
60 minutes of video is 3079MB.

Well that is interesting because I definitely see a difference in quality.

Agreed, I think 211 looks noticeably better than CNN HD. So that would seem to eliminate the bitrate variable from the equation.

As mentioned before, maybe it's just the simple explanation - fewer hand-offs/exchanges with the signal.

I'll bite. What is the deal with DNC 211?

I have a 625 and every time I"ve tried to tune it in the last 2 days, I get a "satellite signal lost, searching for satellite" type message. I've even let it sit there for an hour and nothing changed.

I get my locals from 110 deg W (comes in fine), I get my 119 national channels (and some from 110W) fine, and my system setup diagnostic check shows my 110 and 119 satellites are green (so the switch seems to be working).

Did Charlie put a Republican block on the channel for my household since 2 out of 3 in my household are registered republicans? :D

I'll bite. What is the deal with DNC 211?

I have a 625 and every time I"ve tried to tune it in the last 2 days, I get a "satellite signal lost, searching for satellite" type message. I've even let it sit there for an hour and nothing changed.

I get my locals from 110 deg W (comes in fine), I get my 119 national channels (and some from 110W) fine, and my system setup diagnostic check shows my 110 and 119 satellites are green (so the switch seems to be working).

Did Charlie put a Republican block on the channel for my household since 2 out of 3 in my household are registered republicans? :D

I've proudly watched it on my 625 for the last two evenings with no problems.

The only thing that would make the DNC-HD feed better is if it was hosted by Steven Colbert... :D

Last night, though, we were flipping back and forth between WGN-HD to watch the Cubbies and the endless stream of Democratic "VIPs" (Wife: "Who's that?" Me: "I have no idea") before Hillary came on. When she mentioned the "18 million cracks in the Glass Ceiling", I LOLed because Garry Trudeau nailed it in the Tuesday "Doonesbury":

Attachments

• Doonesbury-20080826.gif
    Doonesbury-20080826.gif
    35.5 KB · Views: 136
Total waste of hd. Same can be said if they do it at the RNC. This shows a better picture of people liying their ass off!!!

First or second day to check it out I turned on CNN. I immediately tuned to another news channel when on the left hand side I saw that crowd loudness meter. That was just bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)