Dish Network 5G Internet?

I've given up on Dish for the short-term. It seems like they have a plan and consumers are a bit further down that road.
Ditto - I came across another tower getting the Dish antennas this morning. There are now four towers less than five miles away with the closest one being less than a mile. There are five more towers further away here in Bella Vista, AR.

When Dish turns on these antennas in a little over two weeks will it interfere with other 5G signals? I would think it would not, but what do I know.

Also Scott did you get a Dish phone?

There are reports that some towers are broadcasting for Dish Wireless.

Project Genesis also put out a post on a Reddit Sioux City thread asking for beta testers. In this thread it mentioned that beta testers would be provided an Android 5G phone for testing.

Is this related to the RepublicWirelessbyDish barker channel 800? Or a separate service?

Lets hope they don't blow a fuse when they turn on all those cities at one time.:eek
electroboom-things-not-to-do.gif

Nothing to make noise about. its on where it needs to be on. But they are not actively selling (or required to) sell in those areas.

They are already moving on to meet next years goals.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Presumably they don't need to be doing beta testing in the areas where they turn on. Personally, I'd just take Scott's word on it.

Dish could probably satisfy the 20% requirement hooking up the I-95 corridor.
Then why did Dish put out a list of 120 cities that would be active by June 14th? I understand that there does not need to be testers in these, but shouldn't they turn the power on the towers at these cities.

Project Genesis has a spot now to sign up for service. My area is open and I have two options. One is a Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro hotspot for $20 a month. The hotspot costs $350. There was a phone option that has a Samsung S22 for $400. This costs $30 a month. The prices for the devices and plan are pretty good, but I am hesitant to try it without testing it first.

I have TMO home internet now and it works pretty good for $30 a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Project Genesis has a spot now to sign up for service. My area is open and I have two options. One is a Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro hotspot for $20 a month. The hotspot costs $350. There was a phone option that has a Samsung S22 for $400. This costs $30 a month. The prices for the devices and plan are pretty good, but I am hesitant to try it without testing it first.

I have TMO home internet now and it works pretty good for $30 a month.
That’s ironic. I switched my phone service from Verizon to T-Mobile and my daughters phone was not eligible so they put her in a Samsung A22 and gave her $800 towards the purchase and financed $400 over two years.

Almost makes you think that it’s really just a $400 phone lol

Some lucky people (not me) were able to snag the Netgear hotspot for free this morning. Their website showed it cost $0.00 for about two hours and then it went back to the full price. Some orders were cancelled and some has shipped. Who knows if the $0 cost will be honored or not.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell