Dish Network Adds Weather Channel App

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Multichannel is reporting:

The Weather Channel said Dish Network has added a new app from the network tailored for set-top boxes that provides viewers with “hyper-local” weather info and hourly forecasts by zip code.

The app, accessible from channel 213 on Dish’s VIP-class set-top box models (subs who use the Hopper whole-home HD-DVR can call it up by pressing the blue button on their remote controls), also provides a seven-day forecast and positions The Weather Channel feed in the upper right corner of the TV screen.

multichannel.com

that provides viewers with “hyper-local” weather info
I'll try and remember to check this later but in the meantime, can anyone describe this "hyper-local" part ? In the past, TWC/Dish considered my local weather to go as far west as Chicago, Detroit to the north, and so on ! :coco

What's funny about that is dish uses accuweather as their primary source for weather outages on the phone support.

Now if Dish could just add WeatherNation or Accuweather so we would have a real weather network...

and real all-news channels as CNN keep airing more non-new shows like Anthony Bourdaine and now a new Mike Rowe "Dirty Jobs" clone show, and more. All the news channels seem to do this. It is getting out of hand.

Reactions: TheKrell
I finally checked this yesterday and can't see any difference from what I'd seen months ago if not almost a year ago.
Hall, at least a year ago you could access local weather...it still took 2 days to get the app to load, but it did eventually. Not now. Nothing. Zippo. I guess that's called progress!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts