Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK AGAIN LEADS PAY TV INDUSTRY
IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INDEX
Ranks Above All Cable Companies for Fifth Consecutive Year

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 17, 2005 - EchoStar Communications Corporation's (NASDAQ: DISH) DISH Network(tm) satellite TV service finished first among all pay-TV providers in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) for the second straight year.

DISH Network posted the highest score among all satellite and cable TV companies in the results of the index released today. DISH Network finished above all cable companies for the fifth consecutive year - covering every year that the University of Michigan has assembled the index for pay-TV companies. DISH Network also ranks No. 1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Subscribers by J.D. Power and Associates, giving DISH Network a clean sweep of the most prestigious customer satisfaction awards.
The ACSI surveyed consumers in 2005 for their opinions about quality, overall value and loyalty.

"Our No. 1 ranking in customer satisfaction by the ACSI demonstrates DISH Network's commitment to provide the best value in pay television, a commitment reflected in the company's phenomenal growth in recent years," said Michael Kelly, executive vice president of Customer Service for EchoStar. "We continue to work hard to deliver the highest-quality, all-digital programming, including broadcasting local channels in 158 markets and in all 50 states. We will constantly seek to unveil new technologies, while providing the lowest all-digital prices in the nation. In short, we intend to build upon our industry leadership and work to satisfy all our customers."

The ACSI is a national economic indicator of customer evaluations of the quality of products and services available to the nation's consumers. The index is produced by the Stephen M. Ross Business School at the University of Michigan, in partnership with the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and the international consulting firm, CFI Group.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

MEDIA CONTACT:

Mark Cicero, mark.cicero@echostar.com, 720-514-5065

###
Mark Cicero
Corporate Communications Manager
EchoStar Communications Corporation and DISH Network
(720) 514-5065
Mark.Cicero@echostar.com

I held my tounge as well. :D

But I can say that 8 out of 10 Blind Dentists who don't own a TV said Dish Network customer support was the best. :D

I'd love to see the raw scores. "Highest score" is a comparative term. It doesn't necessarily mean "Good", it might just mean "Not as bad as the rest".

NightRyder said:
:confused: ..... :) ....... :D

Being the best among cable TV and satellite companies is like being the nicest Nazi interrogator in the concentration camp. It's all relative.

JohnP

mdonnelly said:
I'd love to see the raw scores. "Highest score" is a comparative term. It doesn't necessarily mean "Good", it might just mean "Not as bad as the rest".

Which leaves one to wonder "how much worse can the others really be?" :eek:

Hello this is Com-Warner...Buzz-off....Click.

NightRyder

I like Dish Network. :D

Honestly, for me, I have always had fairly good CS from E*. Sure there are some that are clueless, but if I guide them I get what I need. I don't think I've ever been sent to India, but maybe southern TX. :)

Enough of the E* lovefest. They can improve and that is what I hope this award will tell them; they need to constantly improve and I think they know they can do better.

Remember, this is about customer satisfaction... and a lot of those customers are perfectly happy with way more technology then they know what to do with, and way more channels then they'll ever watch, that they get at a relatively reasonable price, and that isn't their local cable company anymore. It's also a tribute to the retailers who take of their customers after they're installed.

Scott Greczkowski said:
BTW has anyone ever heard of this reseach group?

And I must ask was the study funded by Dish Network?
I have worked with JD Power at a previous employer. For one thing, YES, THE CLIENT COMPANY PAYS FOR THE SURVEY. (JD Power is not a charity organization.)

For another, the questions were vague, general, and did not provide enough detail or qualifiers for the reponses to have any meaningful results.

Also, they were not interested in correcting the questions. Apparently JD Power didn't want to do the work, and my employer didn't want to do anything to jeapordize their scores.

So, in conclusion, I put as much weight in JD Power survey results, as I do in a very small feather.

juan said:
Ah. They beat DirecTV by a wopping 1.5% (68 vs. 67).

It reminds me of last year's JD Power survey, where they won by a similar, if not smaller, percentage.

And, considering the flawed nature of these surveys to begin with, I would consider these results statistically insignificant.

My mom always said if you can't say something good, don't say anything !

So I will remain silent !

Well, really, I have had good relations with Dish Network. Winning the HDTV Giveaway in January helped too. The free TV and 811 was a nice gesture.

Now getting them to add the 7th receiver was a bit of a problem, but after 15 minutes of arguing, then demanding Charlies secratary's email address, they did it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)