DISH Network and DirecTV are not planning any increases

March would be one month later than the usual February 1st price increase Dish has treated us to each year.

With the HD pack and HBO/Showtime HD, I rarely watch SD channels any longer. I'll be taking a long, hard look at shelling out $34 or so a month for AT-150.

The reason I say March is because Dish just sent a note to retailers saying that they can only say the following things until February 28th.

Here is a copy of the email.
Co-op Advertising: The co-op advertising team has received inquiries regarding the co-op pre-approval requirements (primarily concerning direct mail and insert drops) that take effect on February 1, 2005. (As you may know, our existing promotions are valid through January 31, 2005.) To help improve the effectiveness of your advertising, we will begin providing co-op pre-approvals for February ads that (in addition to satisfying our other requirements) include the following marketing messages:
• Home of the Lowest All Digital Price in America . . . Every Day
• No equipment to buy
• No DISH Network commitment
• Free installation for up to 4 rooms of your house
• Free HD upgrade
• Free DVR upgrade
• Get over 60 all-digital channels, including local channels (where available), for around $1 a day

Please note that each advertisement must include disclaimer language, which among other requirements, must specify an “offer end date” or a “valid through date” of February 28, 2005.

Based on the note, it looks like they could raise rates on select packages on February 1st. I don't see anything that would preclude it, other than the vague "around $1 a day" reference. The 2/28 date could just relate to the end of the current co-op promo period.

I just read the that Dish is not replacing CNN-FN with CNNI. That will make my "should I keep AT-150, or not" decision even easier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)