Dish Network at 118.7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JB884

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hello,

I'm thinking about subscribing to the Racetrack Network that Dish Network is offering and is on the satellite at 118.7. I have a Primestar Dish currently installed for FTA use, does anyone know if there is an LNB I could put on the Primestar Dish to pull in these signals (as I understand they are FSS, 11.7.-12.2 Ghz but circular polarity) ?

Would a dish setup like this even work if connected to a subscribed Dish Network receiver?

Thanks,
JB

You would need a way to bolt the Dish Network LNB to the Primestar....Thats the only LNB that will work as DN uses bandstacked polarities. You would need the 118/119 LNB and a DP21 to combine the inputs...software for Dish comes from 119 but not 118

A D500+ would be easier to set up ;)

There is only one Dish Network LNB for 118.7 and its the one I described
All those you see on Fleabay are for folks trying to do "other" things ;)

keep it simple: do it right

Here is the proper LNB assembly you need.
I think it's actually built for an elliptical dish, so if you have a round Primestar, I wouldn't bother.
Of course, if you have an 84e or similar elliptical dish, you might give it a try. :rolleyes:

What would make a lot more sense, is to look at the pictures of the dish/lnb 'till you know it by sight.
Then, drive around looking for this dish on houses in the area.
If you find one, ask the owner if he'd like to have it removed for free? ! - :up
That way, you get the LNB and matching dish, and you're good to go!

PS: just re-read your post.
Keep all DishNetwork and FTA stuff separate.
Don't try to combine the Dish LNB on your FTA dish, if that's what you were thinking.

OK, so basically what you are saying is only the Dish Network LNB will work with the Dish Network receiver? I would not be able to use a generic Circular LNB in the 11.7-12.2 range?

Thanks Kind of what I figured.

From what I understand it is possible to subscribe to the RTN channels only, with no other programming from Dish. However, in order to get free equipment and installation you must subscribe to at least their lowest package for 2 years. This is why I am looking into my options for installing my own equipment because I do not want any of their other programming.

Since it appears using the Primestar dish is out, does anyone know if there is any kind of adapter that could be used on the Primestar mast so I could mount a Dish 500 plus on it? I believe the Primestar mast is is 2 3/8" while the Dish 500 plus is 1 5/8".

Thanks
JB

Last edited:
From what I understand it is possible to subscribe to the RTN channels only, with no other programming from Dish. However, in order to get free equipment and installation you must subscribe to at least their lowest package for 2 years. This is why I am looking into my options for installing my own equipment because I do not want any of their other programming.

yeah thats what it looks like. From the dish site
Sports Programming and Sports Channels Available at DISH Network
$50 a month (with qualifying package)

May I ask about your interest in these channels? I'm just wondering who the market is for these.

Just have been a life-long fan of horse racing and enjoy wagering on the races.

As for the market, I believe several off-track wagering facilities are using this system for the broadcast of races as opposed to using C-band broadcasts where each track has a different signal. Unfortunately for FTA viewers, most of these C-band signals are encrypted.

JB

I'm wondering what they mean by qualifying package. As I understood it, no other package is required other than possibly having to pay the $6 fee they charge if you don't have any regular programming.

correct. You can sub to JUST the RTN stations with a $6 "no package bs fee" but you cant get the free equipment so you'd have to buy the equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts