Dish Network bids for Blockbuster at the last minute before the bidding deadline.

At times I wonder if Charlie wakes up and asks "what should I buy today? That sling thing looks good" or "they closed my local blockbuster, must buy it!"
The way I see it -- and contrary to many who question his financial wisdom -- he's got more money than me ! In fact, I'll go out a limb here and say he's got more money than any member at this site !!

The way I see it -- and contrary to many who question his financial wisdom -- he's got more money than me ! In fact, I'll go out a limb here and say he's got more money than any member at this site !!
he has more money than 99.9999999999999999999% of the people in the world..

Boy this is moving fast... never seen the government move this fast before. I wonder what the rush is...

DISH NETWORK STATEMENT ON ANTITRUST APPROVAL OF BLOCKBUSTER DEAL

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., April 8, 2011 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) issued the following statement regarding the receipt, earlier today, of antitrust approval for its pending purchase of substantially all of the assets of Blockbuster, Inc.:

“We are pleased to report that earlier today U.S. antitrust authorities granted early termination of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act in connection with our pending purchase of substantially all of the assets of Blockbuster, Inc.

We commend the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission for their expeditious completion of the review process, and we anticipate closing the Blockbuster transaction on April 21, 2011.”

Scott Greczkowski said:
Boy this is moving fast... never seen the government move this fast before. I wonder what the rush is...

I wonder what satellite the government wants. Or maybe they caused the EchoStar 8 anomaly. And felt sorry. ;-)

I'm betting that Blockbuster's in such sorry shape that there's relatively little red tape to cut through.

And yeah, it's amazing the mom-and-pops that disappeared when Blockbuster came though.

I'm betting that Blockbuster's in such sorry shape that there's relatively little red tape to cut through.

And yeah, it's amazing the mom-and-pops that disappeared when Blockbuster came though.
That, and there's not really any overlap in market.
It would be one thing if Netflix was buying Blockbuster, but not Dish, Directv, or a Cable Company buying it.

I know everyone is speculating, but it appears that those (600) are leased locations. If BB owns some locations, Dish didn't need to give details on them.

Dish Network Plans To Keep Some Blockbuster Stores Open

Dish Network has revealed in filings with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York that it will assume the leases on more than 500 Blockbuster stores, meaning the retailer will remain a bricks-and-mortar business at least in some capacity, the Wall Street Journal reported today.

Source & More: deadline.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)