Dish Network Big 10 Notice

Yes, I have seen the news at the other site but I was not going to report what was said about this channel. Why? Because we at SatelliteGuys.us take pride in not condoning satellite signal theft. The channel is ENCRYPTED...you can only view it if you are HACKING...as in stealing...breaking the law. The other site apparently takes pride in reporting news from their hacking members.

Please do not post anything further about the hacking of this channel here. The staff does not like deleting or editing posts one bit.

I guess I'll wait a day or two to see if E* comes through. Got some pricing on DirecTV hardware packages today. Apparently demand is so high they wouldn't let me order two HD DVRs. So it's gonna be a HD DVR/HD Receiver combo or HD DVR/SD DVR combo. Losing EI was bad enough. Not carrying BTN is another bad. And, finally, it is rumored that D* will be carrying the NHL Network in HD. H*ll, I'm probably gone anyway.

So far I can report that they are still in negoations, there is no deal in place yet.

If they reach a deal it can be switched on in a moments notice.

How many times did Dish uplink YES NETWORK? We still don't have it yet.

Yes, I have seen the news at the other site but I was not going to report what was said about this channel. Why? Because we at SatelliteGuys.us take pride in not condoning satellite signal theft. The channel is ENCRYPTED...you can only view it if you are HACKING...as in stealing...breaking the law. The other site apparently takes pride in reporting news from their hacking members.
You could see the channel if you have a legitimate "key", i.e. an engineering test access card or account.

Last Friday the big 10 commish said on the radio in cilumbus, (where there us HUGE controvery about the network) that they were on the cusp with dish. And Dish would be the next provider to carry the network.
The radio host said "but dish says they won't carry it". Thr reply from the Big ten was "Insight cable said they wouldn't be carrying it until the deal was done and they turned it on before a press conference announcing they will carry it. EVERYBODY says they won't carry it but over 70 cablr networks have signed on. Believe me, Dish is next, we're that close."

Sorry that I posted the uplink info over here. I had no idea that only the thieves could see the uplinked test channels.... It won't happen again!

Here are some numbers from the NCAA on Big Ten attendance from last year. I think many may underestimate the popularity of Big Ten sports. Just Football and Mens Basketball accounted for over 7.75 million tickets sold last year.....

In Mens Basketball
#1 Conf in NCAA
11 Teams
201 Games
2,564,662 Attendance

In Football
#2 Conf in NCAA (SEC was #1)
11 Teams
75 Games
5,223,202 Attendance

If Dish doesn't carry the channel, I wish they would allow me to pay for it. I would easily give the money I have spent on Full Court and Game Plan.....

TRSmudge

Thats right, you should have seen the Crowed at Ohio State last Saturday, and it was even Alumni Band Day, i Charlie should see the Quad Script ohio that the Alumni Band and the Ohio state marching band does on the first game of the season.

plus it would be interesting if anyone can pull the ratings of the ESPN Gameplan coverage of the B10 games that were shown across the region last year, to see how many people were watching the main games taht will be shown on B10, all those games plus the lowest rated ABC/ESPN game added with that would show the minimum average viewership of the big 10 games now shown on B10. Edit- Football games.. RSN coverage would need to be done for Basketball

Just like some of you guys do not feel that YES-HD is necessary. I feel like BTN is not necessary either. I am not a football fan. I watch ocassionally but no big deal. So to me it does not matter.

I feel the same way.... MLB Extra Innings hurt, while others shrugged. Same here.....

If Dish doesn't carry the channel, I wish they would allow me to pay for it. I would easily give the money I have spent on Full Court and Game Plan.....

TRSmudge

That's what Dish and all the other cable cos want to do, but the BTN is REQUIRING it be in the "extended basic" tier (i.e. AT100) and not in a specialized sports tier.

and that's why E* is always in programming disputes. Does Viacom, CourTV, and Lifetime ring a bell?

Listen - I am fine with all of these companies having differences in their offerings - they can then target and attract their own audience so to speak.

What I honestly find funny is how people defend the billionaire owner as doing this for them to keep subscription costs down(as opposed for himself). I don't care what he decides, its his right and his business, but he ain't doing it for his customers IMHO.

I have compared my DirecTV package pricing and offering quite a few times to a similar (exact is impossible of course), and the difference is a couple of dollars a month - certainly not significant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)