Dish network called me a thief and cant live in a 2 floor house!

czynot

Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
NY
dish network SUCKS!! NEVER WILL I GO BACK TO THEM. I Had the service for 2 months. suddenly the channels dont work. I called Customer service. They say they need to do a manual box verification. I had 3 boxes in 3 different room (like everyone too, I dont think anyone have 3 tv in one room). We precide with the verification. They told me I need all TV on and during the verification I can not stop or put them on hold ( I DID NOT). So we started. done one room at a time. each room is about 15 ft away. after all finished. the customer rep put me on hold while he check something. 1min he come back on phone say he dont belive i have all 3 boxes in one house. He say i took too long to go to next room. HUH??? 5 sec walk is too long???? than he say he look up the state property and google area view of my house. he say my house is 2 family house and he dont belive I have 3 boxes in one family. He say he dont think i have 3 boxes in my home and therefore he will put 3 boxes into 3 different accounts.
WHAT!!??? I cant have 3 rooms in my home? or cant have 2 floors in my house????? I told them they can sent a tech out to verify that my house have all the boxes in one family. He say he dont need to. He say i cant live in a house with 2 floors. I cant use 2 floors for one family in 2 family house for my family. My entertament is in the basement, the bedrooms are on 1fl. The reps also say If I can afford to live 2 floors? i can pay for 2 account. what the hell!! i say i will cancel my account since they are not providing me with service which i pay for. he say sure but we will charge you cancellation fee.
Never will I go with dish network again. they treated you like a thief. say you cant live in a large house. or yet, google and govt search your house.

Without phone line verification this will likely increase in the future.......

Sorry for your troubles.....

Incidently google earth frequently miss IDs homes. Often across the street or down the block from where google claims they are.

Heck google earth mapquest and GPS navigators all appear to use the same data base.

One of my customers schools comes up in the middle of I 70 closest to the fast lane:(

You find these errors usiung GPS to locate places, theres lots of them wrong!

Last edited:
Can't believe they're basing some of their assumptions off of Google map lookups. How lame can you get? That's no way to treat a paying customer.

Google map yourself

dish network SUCKS!! NEVER WILL I GO BACK TO THEM. I Had the service for 2 months. suddenly the channels dont work. I called Customer service. They say they need to do a manual box verification. I had 3 boxes in 3 different room (like everyone too, I dont think anyone have 3 tv in one room). We precide with the verification. They told me I need all TV on and during the verification I can not stop or put them on hold ( I DID NOT). So we started. done one room at a time. each room is about 15 ft away. after all finished. the customer rep put me on hold while he check something. 1min he come back on phone say he dont belive i have all 3 boxes in one house. He say i took too long to go to next room. HUH??? 5 sec walk is too long???? than he say he look up the state property and google area view of my house. he say my house is 2 family house and he dont belive I have 3 boxes in one family. He say he dont think i have 3 boxes in my home and therefore he will put 3 boxes into 3 different accounts.
WHAT!!??? I cant have 3 rooms in my home? or cant have 2 floors in my house????? I told them they can sent a tech out to verify that my house have all the boxes in one family. He say he dont need to. He say i cant live in a house with 2 floors. I cant use 2 floors for one family in 2 family house for my family. My entertament is in the basement, the bedrooms are on 1fl. The reps also say If I can afford to live 2 floors? i can pay for 2 account. what the hell!! i say i will cancel my account since they are not providing me with service which i pay for. he say sure but we will charge you cancellation fee.
Never will I go with dish network again. they treated you like a thief. say you cant live in a large house. or yet, google and govt search your house.

1st sorry you had to deal w/ these jerks. Do a Google map search and see if it is in fact your house they are looking at. Then if it isn't you have something that you can tell E*. Then if what I stated has happened email ceo @ echostar .com or dishnetwork.com Tell them the L you went thru and see if they will send someone out to ck things. Do you have any of the boxes hooked to either the phone line or i-net ? Hope things get better for you.

I've been audited once, but person was OK. Even I had to walk outside to my shop to verify one of my receivers he said it is no problem. Your story sounds almost unbelievable.

I told them they can sent a tech out to verify that my house have all the boxes in one family. He say he dont need to. He say i cant live in a house with 2 floors.

I had a frustrating experience with a CSR lately that was nothing even related to this same issue but they would not take no for an answer. And they changed my program anyways. Nobody from there will ever call and tell me what I can or can't live in and keep me as a customer.

If I had a way to get Starchoice here in North Georgia, I'd be gone by tomorrow anyways.

Can't believe they're basing some of their assumptions off of Google map lookups. How lame can you get? That's no way to treat a paying customer.

My best friend lives in a vacant lot, across the street and down 200 feet from his physical home. according to google earth:(

At strreet level google earth isnt very accurate at all, as I have found searching for homes for sale.

Its called get in neighborhood then look for one that resembles address / one for sale.

Many years ago a ADMIN at dan collins site had audit disconnect his ONE receiver the only one on the accout! Seems his changing premiums often marked his as a hacker.

Mile Lehto a E employee who appeared on chats got him re acivated:) although jeff forever must go thru audit to make any changes

I lost 250 bucks having sold Jeff the receiver at absolute dealer cost. They called audit disconnect a voluntary disconnect which led to my quitting selling dish. Just ONE of the issiues:(

You have every right to be upset. I've heard other stories about these guys going overboard before. Send a note to the CEO email address and let them know what happened. Hopefully they will give you something for your trouble

I beieve it. Based on human nature.

Some guards get so hung up on bossing people around they cross the line, and become part of the problem:(

many guards get canned yearly not for lack of security but for going the way of barney fife lock em all up:)

Wow, sounds like you got a bad audit nazi. Sometimes if you call their special number back they will reverse the lock on your account. I would contact your State Attorney General's office and file a complaint. Did those receivers happen to be dual tuner receivers with dual tv outputs? Maybe they thought there were six total rooms being used at different houses. I would write in the complaint that they are threatening an early cancellation fee upon you if you cancel and limiting you to one box at your residence which is unfair since others are allow more than one box.

From what I have read on here, if you purchased these used from somebody else and they got audited then it will trigger an audit for the next person that activates those receivers.

I activated a receiver after they done an audit on me and they shut it off later without notifying me. They told me that I activated it after the audit on purpose. They absolutely refused to do anything for me. I am probably going to cancel once my contract is up and go with Directv since they have lost their other advantages such as no more Annual packaging available when you have HD and this stupid box limit that they have.

interesting as my dad has a 2 level house and 4 receivers

2 on the 2nd level...his living room and bedroom
1 in the detached garage
1 in the basement

none hooked to phone lines and haven't had any issues

Contacting CEO address will do you no good. Sorry. This Audit Team have a mind of their own and nobody has control over what they do at least that is what they told me. They also told me they were going along with FCC regulations and I told them they were liars. What bull crap!

interesting as my dad has a 2 level house and 4 receivers

2 on the 2nd level...his living room and bedroom
1 in the detached garage
1 in the basement

none hooked to phone lines and haven't had any issues

He has not had any issues YET. It is just a matter of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)