Dish Network - Can I Lease A Second HD Receiver Without Upfront Payment or Additional Commitment?

cubby03

Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
I am a current Dish customer and am in the middle of my two year commitment. I believe I have 11 months left. I have always had one VIP 722 as my only unit, but am thinking of getting another HD receiver for my basement where I have been using this line as my second hookup off of my VIP 722. Kind of sick of not having HD down there, so thinking of another box.

Am I able to lease a new receiver for free up front or do I need to pay a fee just to be able to get it from them? I have heard I can get the new receiver for free if I commit for another two years, but am looking to avoid that. Does anyone know for certain?

To avoid the fee (which not everyone can), you'll have to agree to a 24 month commitment.

To avoid the commitment, you'll have to purchase the receiver.

If you want specifics, feel free to PM a phone or account number.

To avoid the fee (which not everyone can), you'll have to agree to a 24 month commitment.

To avoid the commitment, you'll have to purchase the receiver.

If you want specifics, feel free to PM a phone or account number.

Matt, thanks very much. I sent you a PM, but not sure if it went through? I looked in the PM sent box and nothing is in there. Can you please let me know if you didn't get it? I am new so maybe I can't send them as of yet? Nothing notified me on the screen after sending it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)