DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

I was bundled with Embarq and had to unbundle from them (lost $5/mo discount with Embarq) in order to be eligible for th Cinemax deal. So this package acutally costs me $5 and 1/12 cent per month...:mad:

Yeah but then again you don't have to worry about getting a bill every other month like some customers do....and you get more hd content for that price.

LakeBlum,

Why mention the Sunday Ticket as an excuse to not count the RSN's as national channels since no regular Season NFL football air on ANY RSN. Sure, lots of MLB HD games are a reason to list RSN's as national channels, as are NHL HD Games, and NBA HD games.

John

Very good point! OK, so I don't think they should be counted because of EI ;)

Other than pro games which are blacked out, RSNs are national. Dish had the college football games on RSNs last season. If they would carry those HD RSNs full time, you'd get all sorts of local highlight shows, pre/post game stuff, etc

But the problem with that logic is that the same game was being shown on all of the RSNs. It isn't like there were 12 different HD college football games on.

You guys are getting all wet about all of these HD channels. Do you really think all of these channels are HD? Or just feeding SD to a big screen and calling it HD? How can all of these channels have already amassed HD libraries? Biography HD? ABC Family HD? Can't wait to see all those Full House episodes in HD! All of those Bravo reality shows are shot in SD. Are you guys on crack? This whole HD rush is a total sham and you are falling for it hook line and sinker. Every major cable network is B.S. ing you on HD content. Direct has been lying for over a year and now Dish is doing the same and you are all gushing over it. Wake up!

Some one is bitter I think.

I wasn't into CSI at first either, I had a lot of friends talk about it. Once I sat down and really watched a few I was hooked.

Don't care for CSI. I prefer real Sci-fi like Doctor Who or Star Trek. Yes, I'm calling CSI Sci-fi. I know a couple of people who actually do crime scene investigation, and they say that show infuriates them more than anything because it isn't even close to realistic, and the technologies they use in the show either don't exist or don't even work the way their shown.

Don't care for CSI. I prefer real Sci-fi like Doctor Who or Star Trek. Yes, I'm calling CSI Sci-fi. I know a couple of people who actually do crime scene investigation, and they say that show infuriates them more than anything because it isn't even close to realistic, and the technologies they use in the show either don't exist or don't even work the way their shown.

Does it really matter though, man?

I mean, no matter how inaccurate the investigations are, and how much of a crock the technologies shown are, are they really needed? After all, everyone confesses to whatever they did in the last 50 seconds of every episode anyway.

:D

I saw an ad on CNBC for TechChat early this morning and at the top of the topics list was "New National HD" As I was bleary eyed and somewhat distrusting, I said "Yeah, right". But then I found Scott's HOT news a few minutes ago so there appears to be the bona fides.

Does it really matter though, man?

I mean, no matter how inaccurate the investigations are, and how much of a crock the technologies shown are, are they really needed? After all, everyone confesses to whatever they did in the last 50 seconds of every episode anyway.

:D

I just watch so I can see David Caruso start to say something profound, interrupt himself to put on or take off his sunglasses, and then finish his comment. I don't watch the other 55 minutes of the show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)