DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

Again as I posted before... the "rumor" is Dish wanted to work with VOOM and keep 5 of the channels (and have some of those channels show programming from the channels that were dropped)

VOOM didn't like the fact that Dish removed the 10 channels and told them that if they did not carry them all then they had to take the remaining 5 channels on.

VOOM slit its own throat on this one. What Dish was trying to do was make VOOM for viable, they were more apt to sell cable systems 5 great channels of HD over 15 channels of repeats. Remember Dish owns 20% of VOOM, they wanted to see them succeed.

Think about it for a second. It all makes sense.

From what I am hearing it appears that VOOM will not be coming back to Dish, the doors are now closed.

Interesting didn't know that, you would think Voom would have tried to work with Dish. I wonder where they will show up? I have the feeling somewhere!!

Mr. Orthat Charlie Ergen didn't make his BILLIONS by shying away from making TOUGH business decisions. Just add this to the list of all the TOUGH decisions he has had to make.

It's not easy to run a business, whether it is a small business or a HUGE Corporation.

Sure, it sucks that the VOOM channels are gone. It sucks the way they were removed. But it's a business people.

Mr. Orthat Charlie Ergen didn't make his BILLIONS by shying away from making TOUGH business decisions. Just add this to the list of all the TOUGH decisions he has had to make.

It's not easy to run a business, whether it is a small business or a HUGE Corporation.

Sure, it sucks that the VOOM channels are gone. It sucks the way they were removed. But it's a business people.
That's what I said the first time VOOM died. Doesn't make it hurt any less, though.

Dish is dumbing down their HD content to the least common denominator. I guess they were losing mobile-home subs to Direct. Upscale homes in gated communities don't count for as many subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts