DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

They removed 10 Voom channels at 9pm pacific, so I guess on the West Coast it was more like a net gain of 12 HD channels. And considering that 3 had already been launched, we better make that 9 channels.

wow, soon is here I guess. I just noticed all of the channels are 'live' now or the majority are as I didn't even scan the entire list

wtg DISH and keep adding :)

Speed is needed but this is a nice boost to the HD content

They removed 10 Voom channels at 9pm pacific, so I guess on the West Coast it was more like a net gain of 12 HD channels. And considering that 3 had already been launched, we better make that 9 channels.

Which Voom channels are gone?

Monster, Kungfu, Rush, Equator, and Rave are the only ones left.

Oh what a bummer, I will REALLY miss FilmFest HD! They shows some great Hollywood classics like Exodus and Man of Lamancha, high def movies that no other HD cable channel has shown.Are these gonners for good?

Absent of a real quality HD set and not being calibrated, HD can look awful for some. My suggestion is that electricslime buy his HDTV from somewhere other than WallyWorld and pay to have it calibrated.

Yep, I need mine calibrated as it's shifted to the right a full inch or more!
It does not cut off on the left at all but it's moved on me big time. On my xbox when gaming some text is even off screen or on GTA 4 I can't see all of the info on the right. That's how far it moved!

Now even with that my sister has a newer HDTV and my brother got one but they went for a TV that was not as expensive as mine and not a 'name brand'

I have a Sony BR model tube which means it's a monster, 200lbs!
But when they look at my picture they go how come yours looks so much better and clearer. I said cuz I paid 2 grand vs 1 grand ( this was 2 years ago too )

but the TV matters in a major way

I am not sure what TV type is next for me. CRT 2 years ago still could be considered the best picture esp for the buck and I got mine knowing i would be gaming and didn't want burn in. Now that's not as big as an issue but.......

What new HDTV has the best picture, period ?

Make that less than 9. Everyone says WFN only shows upconverted 4:3, 5-Star Max only seems to be showing 4:3, and Biography and Cartoon Network are stretched and therefore worthless. So two of the additions don't count at all, and two of them only count in the sense that they're getting more bits than they would've in SD -- but the SD channels should've been getting a decent bitrate to start with. (Want to see what a bad bitrate is? Compare Travel HD and SD. The SD version is the worst channel among any that I watch, including my locals.)

Yep, I need mine calibrated as it's shifted to the right a full inch or more!
It does not cut off on the left at all but it's moved on me big time. On my xbox when gaming some text is even off screen or on GTA 4 I can't see all of the info on the right. That's how far it moved!

Now even with that my sister has a newer HDTV and my brother got one but they went for a TV that was not as expensive as mine and not a 'name brand'

I have a Sony BR model tube which means it's a monster, 200lbs!
But when they look at my picture they go how come yours looks so much better and clearer. I said cuz I paid 2 grand vs 1 grand ( this was 2 years ago too )

but the TV matters in a major way

I am not sure what TV type is next for me. CRT 2 years ago still could be considered the best picture esp for the buck and I got mine knowing i would be gaming and didn't want burn in. Now that's not as big as an issue but.......

What new HDTV has the best picture, period ?

I've never been disappointed by Samsung DLPs. Toshibas are looking good also.

If you want, you can go to THX's website and find a certified calibrator in your area. That will get your TV back to looking great.

I want to get into being a calibrator but the tools would cost about $10k. It's been a while since I've invested a large sum of money on my business and I'm not sure I'm ready to do it again. It would take like 30 jobs to break even on just that expense alone and the jobs would be too infrequent so I'm a bit fretted over that.

I want to get into being a calibrator but the tools would cost about $10k. It's been a while since I've invested a large sum of money on my business and I'm not sure I'm ready to do it again. It would take like 30 jobs to break even on just that expense alone and the jobs would be too infrequent so I'm a bit fretted over that.

The economic stimulus plan has made the business deductions and depreciation rules for the 2008 tax year very generous. Assuming your business generated enough money, you could likely deduct the entire amount. I'm not an attorney (just a law student who happened to take a tax final this morning), but it might be worth you looking into if it's something you're really interested in doing. :)

I knew if I waited and didn't rush out to Directv Dish would deliver, just some patience is all it took. ...

Now please don't let people have the idea that it was their patience that won the day. The quick HD additions obviously have to do with the bad quarterly results since Q4/07, but more so due to the really bad Q1/08 number, which is why they did so right before the conference call tomorrow.

So when someone wants to brag about the virtue of his patience, just remember it was those who had less patience that brought you the new HDs sooner than later.

Again congrats DISH HD subs!

I am not surprised they removed a few VOOM channels, because they need room to add more. The choice of the removed channels is a little questionable, I thought there are more useless ones to be removed first than those ones.

I see on the Dish HD graphic that someone posted a while ago that Big Ten Network is listed. I have the HD Only pack...is that not included in this pack?

New Version Of Voom World Cinema

Wow, it totally amazes me, 22 new HD channels and tons of HD locals being added and yet STILL some people come on here only to complain about something that Dish didn't do without giving any positive remarks for such a fantastic addition of channels. Some people are never satisfied. These won't be the last 22 either.

I couldn't be happier-22 more HD channels to surf, and my long awaited MGM HD with a few more movie channels to boot. Plus I like the change in the Voom World Cinema channel that is now showing studio classics. .

Really enjoying that "New Version of Voom World Cinema"?? I hope you are satisfied now too:D

I heard a rumor somewhere I don't know if it was this forum or not. But I heard That Comedy Central would be coming in HD in a few months. Is there any truth to this? Personally I don't really watch too much Comedy Central but it would be nice to see South Park in HD one day.

I've been looking around, but haven't found a list of what package(s) each new HD channel will be in. I have AT200 w/ HD Essentials and am wondering which ones I should be getting.

I've never been disappointed by Samsung DLPs. Toshibas are looking good also.

If you want, you can go to THX's website and find a certified calibrator in your area. That will get your TV back to looking great.

Thanks a lot!
I really need to stop letting it slide

Tiger

I heard a rumor somewhere I don't know if it was this forum or not. But I heard That Comedy Central would be coming in HD in a few months. Is there any truth to this? Personally I don't really watch too much Comedy Central but it would be nice to see South Park in HD one day.

I doubt South Park will be broadcast in HD. FOX has been in HD for years, and the Simpsons are still in SD, and carry much higher ratings than south park.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts