DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

The HD only package is a good idea, except for one very very very major flaw, the exclusion of the RSN(s). If I was a Dish sub, this reason alone would prevent me from taking this package.

This is precisely the point, if they let you have the RSNs too many will drop down to $30 and E* will lose too much revenue.

Ahh, alright, I never got into CSI. I would like to see addition of Spike because at some point I'm sure there will be stuff I will want on there. I want FX b/c they always seem to be showing movies that I like but look terrible in SD!

I wasn't into CSI at first either, I had a lot of friends talk about it. Once I sat down and really watched a few I was hooked.

RSN exclusion from HD only

The HD only package is a good idea, except for one very very very major flaw, the exclusion of the RSN(s). If I was a Dish sub, this reason alone would prevent me from taking this package.

I agree totally. This is the ONLY reason keeping me from dropping my package down.
Seeing how Cubs and Sox games are also in HD on WGN and WCUI, maybe i will consider this again.

Very exciting indeed. This has been a fun couple of weeks with tall the speculation and now the payoff.

I agree totally. This is the ONLY reason keeping me from dropping my package down.
Seeing how Cubs and Sox games are also in HD on WGN and WCUI, maybe i will consider this again.
Question about WGN HD: Do they do the stretch-o-vision thing like TBS? I was watching a Cubs game on WGN HD at a bar via a cable provider and the HD game was stretched. I have a feeling the bar just had their TV set to stretch, but I just wanted to be sure...

Now this makes it very difecult for me to drop Dish . I am moving next week and I was going to cancel my Dish and get Directv when I moved to my new house in 2 weeks . Now I don't know if I should still cancel Dish and get Directv or saty with the dish when I move?

Could someone tell me , what HD channels Directv has that Dish will not after all of these HD channels are added?

I would have to agree. Ive they will be able to get Speed HD and Spike HD they will have all the channels I watch anyways. I would for sure drop to the HD only pack? Will the cinamax for a penny deal work with the HD only pack? Anyone know how many of these new HD channels show up if you have the essential $10 HD package?

I forgot also I would need to have Comedy Central HD.

If you watch Giants games, trust me when I say you haven't missed much. Over the last 2 weeks, CSNBA HD has only shown about 2 of the Giants games in HD (counting today's game). It is only a part time game only station as well. The A's on the other hand seem to be shown in HD a lot on this station.

I know. All my friends have have Comcast and I know how it works. But now I can watch the Warriors, Sharks, A's, Giants in HD when they have it and not that crappy SD picture I've had to watch for about 15 years!!:)

If you watch Giants games, trust me when I say you haven't missed much. Over the last 2 weeks, CSNBA HD has only shown about 2 of the Giants games in HD (counting today's game). It is only a part time game only station as well. The A's on the other hand seem to be shown in HD a lot on this station.

This channel will honestly be best in the fall when basketball and hockey are back. I wonder if any of the college football they broadcast will also be in HD... hmmm... Occasional baseball in the meanwhile works just fine for me.

This was my #1 Channel.... time to do some soul searching and figure out what I would want next... probable either FX, Spike or Speed... or more movie channels...

Speaking of which... With the additional Cinemax channels I think it's time to invest in a few external HDs... there's no way I'll be able to keep up anymore.

I know. All my friends have have Comcast and I know how it works. But now I can watch the Warriors, Sharks, A's, Giants in HD when they have it and not that crappy SD picture I've had to watch for about 15 years!!:)

Unless the games happen to be on CSNBA+. I don't think that getting the regular channel in HD equals also getting CSNBA+ in HD.

But we can hope.... besides, that probably won't be an issue until the fall when more sports are back in action.

This channel will honestly be best in the fall when basketball and hockey are back. I wonder if any of the college football they broadcast will also be in HD... hmmm... Occasional baseball in the meanwhile works just fine for me.

This was my #1 Channel.... time to do some soul searching and figure out what I would want next... probable either FX, Spike or Speed... or more movie channels...

Speaking of which... With the additional Cinemax channels I think it's time to invest in a few external HDs... there's no way I'll be able to keep up anymore.

Amen brother. I've been waiting for a long time to get this. Very excited!

Now this makes it very difecult for me to drop Dish . I am moving next week and I was going to cancel my Dish and get Directv when I moved to my new house in 2 weeks . Now I don't know if I should still cancel Dish and get Directv or saty with the dish when I move?

Could someone tell me , what HD channels Directv has that Dish will not after all of these HD channels are added?
Dish will add Travel, ABC Family, Hallmark Movie, and World Fishing (I still think this is a joke) of which Direct does not have (not counting VOOM or RSN's)

Direct after these additions will have FX, Spike, Nick, VH1*, MTV* CMT*, Fox Business, some premium movie channels such as the Straz suit, CST*, Fuel*, and Speed which Dish still doesn't have.

*Channels with no HD content yet.

Unless the games happen to be on CSNBA+. I don't think that getting the regular channel in HD equals also getting CSNBA+ in HD.

But we can hope.... besides, that probably won't be an issue until the fall when more sports are back in action.

I don't think any one has CSNBA+ in HD. But you never know. I'm so happy. It was so hard to watch the Sharks is SD during the playoffs. It was almost unwatchable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts