DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In reality, they're launching 19 HD National channels this week since they already launched those 3 a few weeks ago. :)

Actually 17, since 2 are RSNs that not everyone will get. A nice step up for E* and they added a few HD channels that D* doesn't carry. Congrats to the E* subs, the wait is paying off.

I'm sure I may be alone, but I'm so happy about The Tennis Channel HD channel!!!! I had been thinking of going to Direct if Dish didn't have this channel by the start of the French Open but now I don't have to worry about it!!!!!

Nope. You are not alone.:)

I just noticed one thing that has me a bit worried. The press release brings E* HD count to 95 (not sure about the math on that claim) but does that mean we should only expect 5 more channels between now and 2009?

Yeah I would think some of the other channels that are not mentioned would get added at some point in time. :)

I just noticed one thing that has me a bit worried. The press release brings E* HD count to 95 (not sure about the math on that claim) but does that mean we should only expect 5 more channels between now and 2009?

Nope! Too much good in breaking the limit, i.e. 'Dish Network rolls out TV Guide Channel HD, HD addition 107 in their lineup, well their claim of 100 HD channels"

PR can always spin something, and exceeding the claim = only for the better!

Though I would love to find the person who counts the channels and give them a piece of my mind- wouldn't we all?

I am really looking forward to the Travel Channel hd. I have yet to hear much about it.
I watched this channel on a regular basis before the world of hd fell upon me.;)

We will be hearing more about Eastern Arc this Friday. :)

Stay Tuned as we will be there to bring you all the news as it happens from Team Summit.

BTW it is not known when these new channels will launch, but chances are good they will no launch until tomorrow afternoon. (Although with them putting a PR out this time of the night, it would not surprise me to see them on when I wake up in the morning) :D

Now they can show the stockholders they're doing something to improve subs and the bottom line when Tuesday rolls around.

Yippe! Just wish a few more of the channels that I watch were on the list. But it will be good to check out some of the new additions.

Read the release closely!

Not to put too fine a point on things, but there is no TIMEFRAME mentioned for completion of this. It says Dish will launch something Monday. Not which ones. And not how long it will be before they launch all of them.

As to the other channels not on the list, I know what's holding up the Fox. What is the hang up with Viacom?

Also, can someone going to the meet and greet ask when Dish's agreement with the Fox Owned and Operated Stations runs out? I would bet that we will get Speed, Fixed News and FX the day before that agreement runs out.

Yippe! Just wish a few more of the channels that I watch were on the list. But it will be good to check out some of the new additions.

Before I got my HD Service last year I used to watch ESPNews a lot, and now I rarely touch it in non-HD.

I too wish that we had more of the channels that I watch, but I tend to look away from those non-HD channels and of course I have found some fun shows on the HD channels, what guy can resist Get Out! and Bikini Destination on HDNet! :cool: