DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

Tell your HOA to read this page:
FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

and then get whichever provider YOU want.

They can't do that, in other words.

I am not protected by the OTARD rules in my situation. It states that I can put up a dish in an area that I have exclusive use of like a deck or patio, as long as the dish is entirely in my owned area. I don't have such an area. I have a railing 2 inches outside my sliding door, where if I mounted a dish on the railing it would hang over common property. The HOA has an agreement with an area Dish installer, and so they only allow for Dish installs on their rooftops.

I've talked to my lawyer and after reading the documents he agrees that I'm SOL on this one.

I posted this question (sort of) shortly after Scott posted the PR, but if my dish is not looking at 61.5 will I get all of the new HD stuff? I am near cleveland and currently do not get my locals in HD (wife not thrilled about 2nd dish on house and I don't want to argue).

Any insight?

Thanks

No Comcast Sports Net New England for Connecticut

I live in central Connecticut (Meriden) and I don't get Comcast Sports Net New England. Last time I checked Connecticut is in New England. Anyone know why this is so. I am a huge Celtic fan and would love this years playoff coverage.

I posted this question (sort of) shortly after Scott posted the PR, but if my dish is not looking at 61.5 will I get all of the new HD stuff? I am near cleveland and currently do not get my locals in HD (wife not thrilled about 2nd dish on house and I don't want to argue).

Any insight?

Thanks
According to the uplink report; it is being assumed that these channels will be on both 61.5 and 129 (that is to say, if these are all the temp channels listed there - hard not to believe that is the case, but one still never knows until it is)

I live in central Connecticut (Meriden) and I don't get Comcast Sports Net New England. Last time I checked Connecticut is in New England. Anyone know why this is so. I am a huge Celtic fan and would love this years playoff coverage.

The NBA playoff coverage is on ESPN, TNT and local channels(ABC).

I can understand others' interest in Speed & such from Fox. But they are of no interest to me. I think we've got all the available HD that is of any interest at all to me. So much so, I think I could probably do a search and find an HD show on "Chitlins- from animal to plate."

What we really need now is TRUE HD. And that is not in E*'s hands. The program providers need to upgrade their offerings.

But it's a start. Over the months and years, more and more of what's on the HD channels will really be HD.

So I have the 10 dollar HD package what new channels will I get? Any of these new ones hot yet? Thanks all!! Called dish to ask and the CSR had no clue about the new HD.

I see the 381 Cinemax 5 Star HD. Am I to assume everyone will get this one?

Also, I keep seeing references to a Cinemax $.01 deal, but I don't seem to be able to find where it's offered. Could someone please point me to it? Thanks

jmw194

Most of the national HD is mirrored on 61.5 and 129. There are only a few national HDs on 119 or 110. Here's some links to what's on which bird.

EKB: Dish Network Channels at 129°
EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial) (scroll down for channel list)

The dish 1000 footprint includes most of the U.S. so I assume you may be able to get a lock on 129 with that single dish but I'm certainly no expert like some of these guys around here.

I say they should open the chat room all day to day for people to talk about the up coming launches of the new HD channels

I'm sure everyone will be discussing it heavily here in various threads and the Uplink Center will be checked over and over again all day as it is usually on Wednesdays.

BTW- Thanks DISH... it's about time! :hungry: I sure hope the wait was worth it. We will enjoy this new HD, but please.... start preparing the next round.. it won't take long before the board is roaring for more HD.

Here's one of the threads on it. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ax-1-year-01-w-autopay-paperless-billing.html
Just call E* and ask the CSR about the $.01 Cinemax deal.:D

It's called Annual Cinemax For A Penny

It will be $0.01 per year until 1/31/10, at which point it will go back to normal package pricing.

You need to do two things to get this deal:

1. Enroll in Credit Card Autopay (credit or debit card), just like many auto insurance policies require.

2. Enroll in paperless billing. This is where you no longer receive a paper bill in the mail but can get them via email, etc.

If you are a subscriber by way of the phone company, you can't get this as it would be up to the phone company to offer it. If you already have Cinemax or had it in the last 6 months, you don't qualify.

If the CSR can't find the promotions, I was told that it is under the "SERVICES" tab in their computer, second one down.

Using chat appears the be the easiest way to get it added.

I just added today. Went to the dish website and signed up for autopay and paperless billing. Then initiated a chat and they had cinemax added for $.01 in about 5 minutes. Very easy. They also said it was renewable for a second year but it required a phone call at the end of the 1st year.

What a great time to have signed up with Dish and the DishHD package! I have had it less than a month and 19 net new HD channels! Is this gonna happen every month! :D I hope so!

Now all *I* need is Comedy Central HD (I just want the channel and don't care if it is HD or not) and I will be very happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)